Sunday, 3 September 2017

Film Review: Snow Shark


My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched and 3 books! Last weekend I looked at five films. This weekend so far I've watched another three and plan the same for tonight. Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.

Starring: Sam Qualiana, Andrew Elias, CJ Qualiana
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1841840/?ref_=nv_sr_2 

12 years ago, three scientists go missing while trying to find out why wildlife in the area was missing, uncovering a shark that lives in the snow. Despite a hunter's claims to have killed it, people are again vanishing out in the woods and the town must find a way to stop the shark.

This film has very cheesy and wooden acting from some members of the cast. The one person that showed promise was Jackey Hall who played Daphne and her character was underused for me. The teenagers were the usual drugged up drunken morons who think a job is a dirty word! I also note that the writer and director is one of the MC's along with a relative of his. 

The story of course is a bit silly but you expect that in these films but you do hope to get half decent acting and good special effects for the budget. This film was lacking on all these levels. However it is at least watchable and by no means the worst I've seen-just not one of the better ones.

8 comments:

  1. I kind of like the idea of a snow shark so maybe I'll check this one out someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of sharks in places like snow and sand do freak me out a bit!

      Delete
  2. omg I'm scared enough of sharks in the ocean for them to also show up in unusual places!!! to bad the acting wasn't good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sharks are going everywhere we thought it was safe!

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure if I've seen this one. Would watch it just so I could see how a snow shark works. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that image. Just when you thought it was safe to make a snowman again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great tag line for the film!

      Delete