Sunday, 10 September 2017

Film Review: Sharknado


My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched and 3 books! Last weekend I looked at five films. This weekend so far I've watched another three and plan the same for tonight. Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.

Starring: Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, Cassie Scerbo, John Heard
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2724064/?ref_=nv_sr_2 

Sharks are being driven north by bad weather but when tornadoes strike the Los Angeles, the sharks are sucked up into them as well as swimming the flooded streets. Fin and his friends try to reach his ex-wife April and kids.

I really enjoyed this film! Who isn't freaked out by the thought of sharks swimming the flooded streets outside your home and dropping from a tornado in the sky? You're not even safe in your own home! The special effects of the sharks are pretty good for a SF channel film and the action keeps coming at a good pace.

I liked the characters. Fin is a former surfer and bar owner in Santa Monica and as the streets flood and sharks attack, he is determined to get ex-wife April and their daughter from their house, get his son and get somewhere safe. I really liked his employee Nova, who is kickass and hates sharks. The actress takes the part well. John Heard was funny as the bar's resident drunk George, who can barely function by the time they flee the bar. The quartet is made up by Fin's friend Baz.

This is a tongue-in-cheek B movie but the acting is good, the humour is there and the special effects are better than normal. It's a fun film to enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. These movies are so cheesy but I love them. I especially like how you recognize nods to other campy movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed the films! I like trying to spot celebrities and the mentions of other films, as you said.

      Delete
  2. These are movies that I wouldn't mind watching. They do sound pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've liked them. Not to be taken seriously but good for a laugh!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I still haven't seen Sharknado. This would have been the perfect film for me last week since I was flooded in with tornadoes. OK, I sound more thrilled about that than I mean to. LOL. What I mean to say is I need to make a point to finally watch Snarknado. It does sound like a fun movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly liked the films-the five so far anyway. They are zany and crazy but fun!

      Delete
  4. Ah, Sharknado, so "bad" that it's awesome! I love it when these tongue in cheek creature flicks gain a cult following.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the acting and special effects were good!

      Delete
  5. I've never seen the whole thing but clearly I must rectify that! What I did see was crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely fun for a night in front of the tv!

      Delete