Monday, 11 September 2017

Film Review: Sharknado 2


My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched and 3 books! The next weekend I looked at five films. Last weekend I watched another five and plan a few for tonight. Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.

Starring Ian Ziering, Tara Reid,  Mark McGrath, Vivica A Fox
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3062074/?ref_=nv_sr_1 

Fin and April are back together and on their flight to New York for April's book signing. Plans to link up with Fin's sister and her family and old friends of Fin hit the buffers when a storm hits the plane and sharknados threaten the city.

The opening scene with the sharks flying around and attacking the plane are great fun. We then get a whole new exciting adventure with Fin and his posse running around New York and trying to find a way to save the city. The city people are determined not to run and hide with many of them taking up arms along with Fin. So while the sharknado is the same, the plot is different. It was a  plot featuring lots of sharks and inventive deaths which I always enjoy! The other fun thing with the film is playing spot the celebrity as they seem to be lining up to be in this series of films, some playing characters and others as themselves. If you liked the first film, you should enjoy this one!

6 comments:

  1. I think I've watched one Sharknado movie. Sadly, they just aren't for me and I can't get into the cult following. They could be mindless fun though and I could see me having them on in the background while I'm doing something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having fun with these films. I've enjoyed them more than some of the utter rubbish I've seen recently!

      Delete
  2. I love these movies. The more outrageous the get, the more fun I have. And I like the big name actors that do cameos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved seeing the British stars getting eaten ion the new one!

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo Sharknado! I shouldn't joke about it but at least Hurricane Irma didn't have hurricane sharks in it right??!? And I like that they attack airplanes. Nowhere is safe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...sharks on planes, sharks in space...you name it, these films have it!

      Delete