Monday, 4 September 2017

Film Review: Rogue


My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched and 3 books! Last weekend I looked at five films. This weekend so far I've watched another three and plan the same for tonight. Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.

Starring: Michael Vartan, Radha Mitchell, Sam Worthington, Celia Ireland
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479528/?ref_=nv_sr_6

A tour group in the Australian outback are harrassed by a couple of redneck types but are then distracted by a distress flare. They find an overturned boat and a very big crocodile determined to defend its territory which damages the boat. They are stranded on a small island that will flood as the tide rises but the circling crocodile makes it a dangerous swim to shore.


This was a decent film and the acting was a lot better as you would expect from the casting. Michael Vartan is the unhappy american journalist on assignment to write a travel piece, Radha Mitchell is the boat owner and Sam Worthington her boyfriend, harrassing her as she works. The up side is the wonderful tourist Celia Ireland who brings a bit of humour, and the gorgeous dog Kevin. The down side are the stuck up whiny american female who moans at everything, the british man who screws up their best plan and the irritating man scattering his wife's ashes. They drove me mad! 

However the tension in the plot when they are stuck on the island is good and I liked seeing the redneck redeem himself by coming up with their first viable plan. I got mad at half of the people wanting to use poor Kevin as bait for the crocodile at one point so maybe dog lovers should tread carefully with this film. The last third of the film though does go a bit downhill for me when it stops focusing on the survivors together and switches to following the adventure of one character. It was a little disappointing. Overall a decent film and well worth a watch but not one I'd go back to again.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your Deep Blue Terror weekend was a success. I know you love your monsters! I have to say they are indeed entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been three good weekends of fims so far and more to come!

      Delete
  2. I liked this more than you did. Funny how different things work for different folks. LOL I was so mad when they were all ready to feed Kevin to the croc. Makes you wonder who they would have fed to it if there wasn't a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't forgive them for Kevin! I liked it up until we leave the tour group and go into his rescue mission.

      Delete
  3. Dang that's quite the crocodile! And Sam worthington is in this? He's never been my favorite actor but still he's kind of a big name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to look at anyway! Decent film but has dog cruelty!

      Delete