Tuesday, 5 September 2017

Film Review: Piranha Sharks (aka Jurassic Piranha)


My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched and 3 books! Last weekend I looked at five films. This weekend so far I've watched another three and plan the same for tonight. Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.

Starring: Collin Galyean, Amy Blackman, John Wells
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3400060/?ref_=nv_sr_1 

After a science company loses a government defence contract, the piranha sharks are instead sold for the public to keep in home aquariums. As they breed, they escape into the sewers and start spreading across the city. Only a team of exterminators and the company boss can stop them.

OK so it isn't the worst film that I've seen but it wasn't very good either. The plot of course is dumb but that I don't mind. The films are never meant to be realistic so I have no issue with that. The acting was decent enough especially the cool creator of the sharks, well played by Amy Blackman.

The special effects are lacking a bit in this one along with too much focus on the love life of one of the exterminators and another being too lazy to do any work or tidy the house while his friends do their job. It's ok to watch if you can't think of something else to do but it's not going to entertain you like Sharknado. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There should be quite a few more this month!

      Delete
  2. Piranha sharks sold for home aquariums? I love that ! Who in their right mind lol??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you wonder don't you! Then some numbnut flushes them down the bog!

      Delete
  3. Yeah. It took two different times for me to actually watch this to the end. I just love that title though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't great was it! I agree, some of them have great covers!

      Delete
  4. omg sharks and piranhas are scary enough as separate entities!!!

    ReplyDelete