Friday, 8 September 2017

Film Review: Jurassic Croc


My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched and 3 books! Last weekend I looked at five films. This weekend so far I've watched another three and plan the same for tonight. Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.

Starring: Cynthia Rose Hall, Matt Blashaw, Kim Little
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0934584/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 

A team of soldiers are sent to intercept something that is coming towards Los Angeles and turns out to be a huge crocodile who starts to kill anything in it's path. With the city under threat and no time to evacuate, they must stop the beast.

What a load of croc! First we have the soldiers out in the woods looking for the target. Instead of being in stealth mode, two of the soldiers are wandering along chatting endlessly and loudly about the guest list for the upcoming wedding, not shutting up even when told to be quiet by the commanding officer. The soldiers are also holding their weapons to point every way except the way they are going. We get someone vanishing, the rest running about, next one dead, running about, new team inserted, running around in circles...I'm sure it was all filmed in the same patch of woods!

In the control bunker, the sound quality was so bad and muffled that it is hard to hear what is being said. At one point they are stupid enough to be staring at a crocodile shaped signature on their radar or whatever but not knowing what it was! I wanted to throw something at the TV! The MC is very whiny and likes to cry so I wasn't impressed with her at all. The overall acting was ok but the film was so repetitive and not a great deal of exciting attack scenes. Not the best croc film you'll see, that's for sure.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm....it's shaped like a croc and they can't figure it out. How sad. I can totally see why you'd want to throw something at the TV. And why do all the bad shows have whiny MCs? Do they think people like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wonder why so many films and books have someone whiny in them! I hate it!

      Delete
  2. LOL Your review was more fun thatn this movie was! I am loving this feature of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope I can keep up with watching the films! I have the whole Sharknado series to review plus whatever I watch this weekend.

      Delete
    2. Once you run out of sharks and crocs, you can do giant snake films and movies about real animals attacking. The list is endless!

      Delete
    3. I do have some snakes, tigers, spiders etc and a ton of Sasquatch films! Next month I plan to catch up with horror films and I have a lot of them to watch!

      Delete
  3. Lol I love these reviews! Even for the bad ones... :) And yeah it's croc shaped and they don't know??? They deserve to be chomped!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone in that film deserved to be chomped I think, especially the scriptwriter!

      Delete