Wednesday, 6 September 2017

Film Review: Croc


My first Deep Blue Terror weekend was a huge success with 7 films watched and 3 books! Last weekend I looked at five films. This weekend so far I've watched another three and plan the same for tonight. Here I share with you my thoughts on another one I looked at.

Starring: Michael Madsen, Peter Tuinstra, Sherry Edwards
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127177/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1  

In Thailand the owner of a crocodile farm battles to save his business from a local developer and gangster while being blamed for a killing rampage of a giant crocodile.

The first half hour of this film is very dull, focusing on the financial woes of the farm owner Jack, and his battles to save his business from a corrupt property developer who wants to build on his land. We see him battling with animal welfare, running away from the tax people and getting into trouble with the developer. It's not very interesting at all. We do see a couple of crocodile attacks which are ok but not enough to get you excited. Add in a very halfhearted teen romance coming into it and Jack making eyes at Evelyn all the time...gah.

By the second half of the film, Jack and his friends are looking for the crocodile who has killed a friend, aided by the one shining light in the film which was crocodile hunter Michael Madsen. I liked him in the part but the film just liked the exciting attacks that you see in most shark films. It was all a bit underwhelming and a few of the supporting cast were pretty bad. Too slow to get into it and not enough action to stop your mind wandering. 

7 comments:

  1. You don't need romance in a movie like this, I want a mean crocs chasing people and eating people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's what we want to see in a monster film!

      Delete
  2. The only reason I kept watching this one was because I like Michael Madsen. Hey, I came across another shark movie. Have you heard of Shark Exorcist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was pretty good in this film. I just wanted to see who would get eaten...I've heard of Shark Exorcist but I'm unsure if it'll have enough shark deaths in it!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen too many croc films. I did kinda like Lake Placid. And Michael Madsen's in this? Hmm. Sorry it wasn't a little better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Lake Placid when I first saw it but watching it again during Deep Blue Terror, I just got so annoyed by Bridget Fonda's whining bitch character! Michael Madsen was quite good in this one-wish he'd come into it earlier!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha the part that killed me was when the lady was feeding the croc!

      Delete