Saturday, 9 September 2017

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my new feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Another week passes and the weather has taken a slight turn to the colder which suits me fine! I hope the hot spells are over though I haven't had the major slump I had last summer which is good. I've been watching TV and getting a decent amount of reading in now that it is Apocalypse month! I could still be doing better though and I might need to take a bit of time off to catch up with the reading. We'll see how it goes! Overall it's been a decent week.

I did some book samples this week as I have a pile of apocalypse samples on my ereader and a few of them seemed pretty good so those might be on next week's weekend roundup! A couple just didn't suit me, which always saves a few pounds, and that samples post will go up tomorrow. I have bought a few paperbacks after enjoying the ebook versions but they haven't arrived yet. Looking at my bookshelves I think I need to rearrange the damn things but it's so much work! Another winter task I think...gah! On the download front I grabbed more samples and treated myself to three buys...

DOWNLOADS:



Chuckles Blogging World:
I'm a bit disappointed by my blogging efforts this week. On the plus side I finally got a week of book reviews done to add to the film reviews and I remain 3 weeks ahead on most of my regular posts. But I took forever to answer comments this week and I didn't get as many comments on to other blogs as I wanted to. I have been lurking around your blogs though and will try to do more next week. As always, a link is provided for each blog post from last week to take you straight to anything you missed. Comments are moderated so it might take a day or two to see it on the blog! Check out my Next Week section to see what is coming next at the Book Cave...

Book Reviews: 
 Last week I got some book reviews from July done which was something of a relief! I still have a small backlog to get to but at least I got some on the blog. Today I hope to get all of next week's reviews ready to go and get ahead a bit. That's the plan anyway...

Nicholas Sansbury Smith-Orbs 
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/book-review-orbs-by-nicholas-sansbury.html 

Jamie Hutchison-Red Swarm
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/book-review-red-swarm-by-jamie-hutchison.html 

William R Forstchen-Day Of Wrath
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/book-review-day-of-wrath-by-william-r.html 

David Bussell-Deathday
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/book-review-deathday-by-david-bussell.html 

KT Tomb-Dinosaur Island
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/book-review-dinosaur-island-by-kt-tomb.html 

Ken Greenhall-Hell Hound
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/book-review-hell-hound-by-ken-greenhall.html 

Regular Posts: 
On Chuckles Cover Love I looked at A&E Kirk, I went Around The Blogs With Chuckles on Monday, Top Ten Tuesday was DNFs this year and Can't Wait Wednesday is the final book in the Extinction series by Nicholas Sansbury Smith.  

Chuckles Cover Love-A&E Kirk

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday-DNFs This Year

Can't Wait Wednesday

Discussion Posts: 
This week Chuckles Chat looked at Ads on bought dvds, Game of Thrones Gossip was all about the Stark Bannermen and I did my Game of Thrones Season Seven Roundup.

Chuckles Chat-Ads on bought DVDs

Game of Thrones Gossip-Stark Bannermen

Game of Thrones-Season Seven Review

Film Reviews:
I'm continuing this month with my Deep Blue Terror month which has been a lot of fun. I hope to watch something tonight and a few tomorrow. Lots of shark films left to enjoy!

Snow Shark
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/film-review-snow-shark.html 

Rogue
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/film-review-rogue.html

Piranha Sharks
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/film-review-piranha-sharks-aka-jurassic.html 

Croc
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/film-review-croc.html

Jurassic Croc
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/film-review-jurassic-croc.html 

Special Features:
none this week 

Book Tags:
 none this week

Book Challenge Updates:

My Goodreads Challenge total currently stands at 184/250

TBR total of books I own but haven't read yet stands at 821. Stop buying more apocalypse books Chuckles!!!

Currently Reading/Next Up:   
I finished a re-read of JD McKenna's The Dead Familiar, which despite the title is not a zombie book! Now I'm reading the second book in the series Winterhaven and will complete the trilogy next week. Then I'll move on to a re-read of Ben Reeder's Zompoc so I can complete that trilogy too. Will be a good reading week! 


Next Week On The Blog? 
Chuckles Cover Love features Chris Pike, Top Ten Tuesday features a Throwback topic, Can't Wait Wednesday features Fight Like A Man, Game of Thrones Gossip features The Starks, Chuckles Chat looks at Genres We Love . There will also be more blog posts from around the bloggyverse and we have the return of Chuckles Goes Sampling and my mini review post. Expect some film and book reviews too.

That's all for this week! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to visit my blog and leave comments. You guys are great! 
 


18 comments:

  1. Rearranging bookshelves is a pain. Why are books so heavy? I hope you have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it as therapy about ten years ago but dealing with all these heavy Indie books has turned it into a chore!

      Delete
  2. I've been enjoying reading about your shark film adventures. I thought I would see a lot of the usual cheesy creature features, never expected that I would discover a few gems :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few bad ones to come I think! I've been surprised by a few good ones though. Hope that continues!

      Delete
  3. It's been cooler here too. I hardly read anything last week, it's been all Netflix for me lol. Oh well there's always next week right?? Glad there are more shark reviews coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More sharks and some book reviews this week! I'm hoping that I've finally got my act together on the review side of things!

      Delete
  4. I had a lot of fun visiting your posts this week. We sure do enjoy the same types of books and movies. I've been terrible with posting reviews the last two weeks. I have a bunch written but they are all for my 31 Days Of Thrills And Chills features in October. LOL I do hope to share more this week though. I hope...Lots of my favorite shows are starting back up, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll aim to do 3 book reviews a week which is a decent number. If I get more done, great but it'll be a good target. It's weird that my blog is a book blog yet I hate writing reviews! This winter I need to get a lot of box sets watched as well, and keep going with film reviews.

      Delete
  5. You've been restrained this week! Making up for my excesses? (Just wait till you see my holiday haul posts...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sniggers* I think I just had no time to order more stuff, rather than show restraint! I'll be making up for that this week though...! Ooh the holiday splurge! You just have to buy things when you're on holiday though. I'll look forward to seeing what you got.

      Delete
  6. I really need to take some time and get my bookshelves organized better but I keep putting it off because it is a lot of work. I do find that keeping up with commenting is one of the hardest parts of blogging...at least for me. I hope you have a great week and read lots of great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a big job isn't it! Until I get more paperbacks read and off to charity shops, I can't find space for the new apocalypse series that I'm constantly finding! I'll be tackling this during the winter so hopefully when I do, I can put photos of it up on the blog. Maybe I'll do before, during and after photos to show the size of the task!

      Delete
  7. I'm impressed that you can get 3 weeks ahead on posts. I can only manage to get ahead one post at a time. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a lot of effort over the space of about ten days to get the extra posts done! But once you are ahead it is easier to keep up with it as you only need to do a weeks worth of posts each week as you did before. I just need to find time to get ahead on book reviews which is turning out much more difficult!

      Delete
  8. Looks like you got some new books coming up and I can't wait to see what you books you've purchased next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few paperbacks coming this week I hope but they are already a day late which is unusual. A whole new apocalypse series and a few monster reads! I need to clear a shelf on one of the bookcases for these Indie monster books but I don't have a shelf to spare!

      Delete
  9. Busy busy. I am so not ready for summer to be over.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is going to be busy-more reading, more films, TV series catch up, scrapbook catch up, rearranging the bookshelves, blog plans for next year, sorting my dad's dvd collection into some kind of order, and a few other bits and pieces. Ugh! Busy indeed!

      Delete