Saturday, 2 September 2017

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my new feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
 Welcome to autumn at The Book Cave! I love it when we reach September as the kids are well back at school, the weather starts cooling down and Winter is Coming! I just love these teo seasons as it means less things to do outside and more reading, blogging, TV watching and slothing! This week has been great for reading as I finish my Deep Blue Terror reads and get on to apocalypses! 4 short stories and 3 full length books isn't bad at all and I enjoyed every one of them which is a bonus! Mike Kraus is becoming a favourite, Rick Chesler writes good creature feature stories and I discovered good new authors in Jamie Hutchison and TR Schumer! I plan to keep watching shark, croc and sea monster films over the weekends of this month as I have a pile still to get through and I'm enjoying it! This will be Sharknado weekend!

 This was a restrained week for book buying but I have ordered a few of the books I've read recently in paperback. I expect them to come next week. I am getting a few books downloaded ready for horror month in October though! I've also downloaded a few parts of the Mike Kraus serial novels which I've enjoyed so now I need to patiently wait for the omnibuses being published! This week, trying new ones by authors I've liked along with horror grabs!

DOWNLOADS:





Chuckles Blogging World:
On the blogging side of things I'm getting annoyed with myself for my lack of effort. I'm late replying to comments, I'm not visiting as much as I'd like, no time for Pinterest, trying to do more on Twitter for booky things and still not getting my book reviews done. I managed one this week which is really bad so I need to get motivated to write and post them. Authors need my reviews! I'm doing well with film reviews though! As always, a link is provided for each blog post from last week to take you straight to anything you missed. Comments are moderated so it might take a day or two to see it on the blog! Check out my Next Week section to see what is coming next at the Book Cave...

Book Reviews: 
This week I really need to get my arse in gear and get some reviews done! I know I say it every week but I have lots of them to share and want to post them!

Sonya Bateman-Wrong Side Of Hell

Regular Features:
This week on Cover Love I featured Amber Garr, I brought you the best of the bloggyverse in Around The Blogs With Chuckles. Top Ten Tuesday continued with Hidden Gem Apocalypse Reads, Can't Wait Wednesday featured The Winds of Winter. No Chuckles Goes Sampling this week as I had no samples to fit my current Deep Blue Terror theme.

Chuckles Cover Love-Amber Garr

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday-Hidden Gems in Apocalypse Genre

Can't Wait Wednesday-The Winds of Winter

Discussion Posts: 
  Chuckles Chat looked at Author Newsletters, while my Game of Thrones Gossip looked at Samwell Tarly. I reviewed episode seven of Game of Thrones Season Seven-and the season is over!!! *SOBS*

Chuckles Chat-Author Newsletters

Game of Thrones Gossip-Samwell Tarly

Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 7

Film Reviews:
Finally I am getting time and motivation to sit down and get some films watched! My Deep Blue Terror viewing so far has been all about the sharks, crocodiles, piranha and alligators. Have you seen the films? Stop by and share your thoughts!

Jurassic Shark

Open Water

Open Water 2

Raiders of the Lost Shark

Sand Sharks

Special Features: 

Unique Blogger Award

Book Tags: 

 Four London Book Tag
 
 Book Title Book Tag

Book Challenge Updates:

Deep Blue Terror Update  

Sky Is Falling September!

My Goodreads Challenge total currently stands at 177/250. 

TBR total of books I own but haven't read yet stands at 822. *grimaces* My total went up as I bought a few books by authors I like and a few horror downloads for Horror Month in October. Not happy with myself for my total going up but I have to say the books look great!

Currently Reading/Next Up:  
I read the three books I planned to read-Sawfish, Red Swarm and Death Catch and liked them all! Then I read the first two parts in two serial novels. These are what I plan to read next:


Next Week On The Blog? 
Chuckles Cover Love features A & E Kirk, Top Ten Tuesday features DNFs this year, Can't Wait Wednesday features Nicholas Sansbury Smith, Game of Thrones Gossip features The Stark Bannermen, Chuckles Chat looks at Ads on Bought DVDs. There will also be a Game of Thrones special post reviewing Season 7 to enjoy, and some more blog posts I've enjoyed this week on my travels online! I'm hoping to have film and book reviews.

That's all for this week! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to visit my blog and leave comments. You guys are great! 

 

18 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good reading week! And I totally agree about the awesomeness of being inside and getting to watch and read more. Yay!

    Hope you have a lovely reading week ahead, Chuckles :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this reading week will be great! Have a great weekend too and lets look forward to many more books by the years end!

      Delete
  2. Blogging is infuriating because there just isn’t time to do everything. I only posted twice this week because I was way behind on reviews and needed to catch up. I’m still behind. I’m excited for fall, though. I can concentrate better when it not so freakin’ hot all the time. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell me about it! I got a few book reviews done yesterday which was good but I'll have used them up by Wednesday and time is getting away from me today already. Eek! Yes to cooler weather and more reading!

      Delete
  3. I wish the weather really was cooling down! Though here in Calgary, my wife's parents have airconditioning. I could get used to that... Looks like a good haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's darn cold in central Scotland today! The fire is on and I'm in my warm PJ's! Hope you are having a great time in Calgary!

      Delete
  4. Yay for Sharknado! It's been fun following your monster of the deep posts this month. :) I'm glad for fall too, probably my favorite time of year. Looking forward to apocalypses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One and two were pretty good and I hope to get 3,4 and 5 watched tonight and still fit in a few apocalypse samples as well. Fun! I have book reviews to do about about sawfish, sharks, eel hybrids, krakens, zombie sharks, chimaera fish, loch ness monsters...lots of monster fun! And some croc and shark films!

      Delete
  5. I'm in such the mood for cooler temps and pumpkin everything (cool - not cold). I can't see to buy enough horror lately and it seems like it's all I want to read. College Football has just made things better and since I like to read while I watch, the reading time should increase. Hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy your apocalyptic reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this time of year when the horror books get dusted off my shelves, the nights are getting darker, the kids are back at school and I get to hibernate!

      Delete
  6. I'm not a fan of winter. It doesn't even get super cold here, no leaves to rake or snow to shovel, but I still don't like any cold. I've never seen the Sharknado movies, but just the idea cracks me up lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get much snow here and the last few winters have actually been mild. Our climate here is pretty good for the most part! The Sharknado films are mad but I love the zany humour and the celebrity cameos.

      Delete
  7. I see that, like me, mou haven't been happy with your blogging efforts, BUT WINTER IS COMING my friend! :) even though I'm definitely a summery beast as you said winter is my best season for reading, blogging and so needed slothing! :) So I foresee great blogging times ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Winter is Coming and I have high hopes of getting lots done! I hope your vision comes true!

      Delete
  8. I'll be watching for your thoughts on the Kraus books. Look like my kind of stories. And I grabbed Carrion Shadows too. LOL Came across it yesterday and couldn't resist. Dang Amazon on referring books. LOL I love the fall but dread what comes after. And I always miss the pool. Looks so inviting but it gets too cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Final Dawn (read the first two parts and ordered the whole set!) and I LOVE the Surviving the Fall books! I've read five parts but will now wait to buy the complete omnibus! Carrion Safari was really good so I'm looking forward to reading more about Denise in this one!

      Delete
  9. Sharknado! I have only seen the first one but I had fun with it. I have weeks that I don't seem to really be able to focus on the blogging stuff I should be doing but I usually come around at some point. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved all five! It goes really mad but it is funny so I don't mind!

      Delete