Wednesday, 6 September 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. 

This week...zombie variants!


The seventh and never-before-published book in USA Today bestselling Nicholas Sansbury Smith's propulsive post-apocalyptic series about a soldier's mission to save the world.

An army advances...

In Europe, Master Sergeant Joe Fitzpatrick and Team Ghost return from a mission deep into enemy territory only to find that the Variant army has grown stronger, and they are advancing toward the EUF's stronghold in Paris.

On the brink of Civil War...

Back in the United States, President Ringgold and Dr. Kate Lovato are on the run. The Safe Zone Territories continue to rally behind the ROT flag, leaving Ringgold more enemies than allies. But there are still those who will stand and fight for America. Commander Rachel Davis and Captain Reed Beckham will risk everything to defeat ROT and save the country from collapsing into Civil War. 

I totally LOVE Nicholas Sansbury Smith's Extinction Horizon books and later this year the final book comes out. *SOBS* What will I do without Reed and Fitz and Apollo??? 

21 comments:

  1. Ooooh this looks intense! Not my kind of read, but that cover did grab my attention. Hope you love it when you get to read it :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't be long to wait and I'm excited!

      Delete
  2. Oh I like!!! I haven't read this series before. I think it's time to rectify that. Hope you enjoy it :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series so much! I hope you'll like it!

      Delete
  3. Gee, the US on the brink of a civil war - sure this is fiction? Just joking - well sort of. Sounds like just the kind of book you will love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great series and I can't wait to see how it ends!

      Delete
  4. I KNOW you can't wait for this one! :) You have really enjoyed this series! You enthusiasm is contagious because I want to read it too ever since you started the reviews. This one sounds really good! I always wanted to read another book about a second civil war!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been really good! It's not really a civil war like THE Civil War. It's more man v monsters v other evil man!

      Delete
  5. AND I loved his Hell Divers book so I really want to read another book by him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayyyyyyy look what I got in my inbox this morning chuckles!

      The following item(s) which you requested are waiting to be picked
      up at your library Circulation Desk.

      AUTHOR: Smith, Nicholas Sansbury,
      TITLE: Extinction horizon
      CALL NO: PB SMI Sci-Fi Fantasy
      BARCODE: 32080021679927

      Can't wait!

      Delete
    2. Ooh that's exciting for you! I hope you like it! I've still to read Hell Divers...

      Delete
  6. Oooh! Sounds like an awesome read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to work more zombie books into my reading schedule. I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many zombies in your life...

      Delete
  8. Ooh lots of action looks like!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series certainly never lacks action!

      Delete
  9. I'm VERY curious about this series. It's totally my kind of book!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This and the Arisen series are my favourite ever zombie books!

      Delete