Monday, 11 September 2017

Around The Blogs With Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out.

This Week!

1) Audiobook Review: The Guns Above by Robyn Bennis 
Mogsy goes SF and Steampunk...

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/09/07/audiobook-review-the-guns-above-by-robyn-bennis/ 

2) Bullet Journals
Verushka takes a look at the new craze.

http://editingeverything.com/blog/2017/09/08/bullet-planning-life-one-day-time-bullet-journal/ 

3) Book Review-The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
AJ looks at some contemporary YA.

http://ajsterkel.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/review-serpent-king-jeff-zentner.html 

4) What to do if you can't evacuate before a Hurricane
Advice for anyone stuck at home.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/what-to-do-if-you-cant-evacuate-before-a-hurricane_092017

5) National Preparedness Month
First part of the must know things to help you survive. This week: survival basics.

http://readynutrition.com/resources/a-crash-course-in-preparedness-week-1-the-survival-basics_04092017/

6) Book Review-Sparked by Helena Echlin & Malena Watrous
Darque looks at a YA thriller.

https://darquedreamerreads.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/sparked-by-helena-echlin-and-malena-watrous/ 


14 comments:

  1. I bet all your survival knowledge and stuff you've read would be really helpful in times like this. I feel so badly for everyone suffering everywhere - whether it's because of storms, fire or the government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly have read a lot of books on the subject and I'd hope if I lived in areas prone to storms that I would have been ready for it. But watching on TV I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be there during all that. I don't think anything would truly prepare you for that. It's sobering, watching the coverage on CNN.

      Delete
    2. I was glued to the CNN all weekend. Such frightening stuff. We get ice and snow storms that have knocked power out for weeks so I always keep a well stocked basement but nothing so terrifying as a hurricane/tornado.

      Delete
    3. I watched quite a bit of CNN too-their coverage was very good but it was sobering to look at.

      Delete
  2. I’ll have to check out the hurricane post. There aren’t hurricanes where I live, but my grandpa lives in Florida, and he’s currently stuck in Hurricane Irma. Last time I heard from him, he was drinking beer and watching a football game with his neighbors. They’re stuck in their building until the hurricane passes.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd be breaking out the Game of Thrones dvd box sets to watch until I lost power...I hope your grandpa and his house came through it ok.

      Delete
  3. I too have survival knowledge from books. Definitely helped me focus on what's really important and necessary. And yep I'm prepared for zombies too! I won a cool kit and add to it.
    We're getting strong winds right now but that's all we'll get. Should be passed us by morning. Creepy though as its getting darker and the wind is howling and limbs are falling on the roof. I feel for everyone dealing with the fires, hurricanes and earthquakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books really are priceless. I have a collection of subjects from nuclear war and chemical toilets to solar cooking and home defense! I can't get enough of this kind of stuff to read. Winter will be used to get in any supplies I think I might be lacking!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link love! And nice informational links too, especially now during hurricane season.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get nervous when we get high winds and they don't come anywhere near what the US suffered in these storms. I hate it. I'd never cope with a hurricane!

      Delete
  5. oh but of course I'm going to read what Veruska said about bullet journals since I'm into it right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being in Canada during the approach of the hurricanes, I saw a lot of news coverage about it. It's been weird coming back here and seeing very little!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CNN was pretty good for continued coverage over here. It was pretty shocking to see the conditions they were reporting in. So glad we don't get that kind of weather over here.

      Delete