Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 


For the first time together in one volume, here is the complete short story collection starring Louisiana's favorite telepathic waitress, Sookie Stackhouse--from #1 New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris. New fans can fill in the gaps in their Sookie lore while old friends can revisit some of their favorite moments and characters. From investigating the murder of a local fairy to learning that her cousin was a vampire, from remodeling her best friend's house to attending a wedding with her shapeshifting boss, Sam, Sookie navigates the perils and pitfalls of the paranormal world.

Belly up to the bar at Bon Temps's favorite watering hole and hear stories that will make you wish Sookie never left, including...

"Fairy Dust"
"One Word Answer"
"Dracula Night"
"Lucky"
"Gift Wrap"
"Two Blondes"
"If I Had a Hammer"
"Small-Town Wedding"
"Playing Possum"
"In the Blue Hereafter"


I loved the story Two Blondes featuring Sookie and Pam on a girls road trip but I wasn't willing to buy an anthology of writers that don't interest me just to get it so seeing it along with the brilliant Dracula Night is something I won't pass up! Expected publication is November 2017 but that is probably just hardback so I might have to wait over a year for the paperback. Ugh!

20 comments:

  1. This isn't my kind of read, but those titles have grabbed my attention! Sounds fascinating.
    Hope you love it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to getting them all in one volume! I have five in one volume but the cover is just plain black! This at least looks like part of the series.

      Delete
  2. This is the weirdest thing, but I've read her other work and her new work and loved them all, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to pick up this series yet. I think the hype over the series sort of dampened my desire to. but this sounds like it might be a good way to start getting into this series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite! I loved this series but didn't really take to the characters in the other series! I didn't like the True Blood series either.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I had no idea about this one. I will have to put it on my radar because I do miss some of the characters somewhat. Pam as always been one of my favorite characters, especially after seeing her portrayal on the HBO show. I'm so glad the cover matches too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally stumbled across it a week ago! I had no idea it was coming out. I loved Pam in the books. Twice I tried watching True Blood and didn't like it so I never got as far as meeting Pam and Eric!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I didn't even know about this! I have not read any of these short stories, but this is a great idea to put them all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a lot of people didn't know this was coming out. Doesn't say much about their marketing!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I didn't know about this one. Thanks for putting it on my radar. Great pick!!


    Thanks for stopping by my Can't-Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised to hear about it myself! Usually a release by this author is well talked about.

      Delete
  6. I never read the books but I loved the series! I may give this one a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite! I loved the series but hated how a few characters were portrayed in the tv series. I never got as far as Pam and Eric!

      Delete
  7. I've only read the first book in the series, but this looks awesome!
    Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the series. The first anthology was ok but Dracula Night was great fun. Now finally I can get them all as I'm not sure if I have read all of them.

      Delete
  8. I love Sookie Stackhouse...but I am still mad about how the series fell apart. How did I not know about this book?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird that so many of us knew nothing about this coming out!

      Delete
  9. Those are some fun story titles! I've never read the Sookie Stackhouse books. Sound fun tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Sookie! Lots of vampires, shifters and humour! Pity I didn't like the tv series though.

      Delete
  10. I tried the first Sookie Stackhouse book and I wasn't really that crazy about it, but I do hope to give the author a try again one day. Maybe with another series, or with bite sized stories like the ones in this one!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book two was my favourite in the series and I loved Eric's antics in the books. Dracula Night is funny!

      Delete