Tuesday, 1 August 2017

August Reading List


This month of reading is going to be a bit more about mood reading so I'm just going to select the books that I MUST get finished this month, leaving the rest of the time for whatever catches my eye. I have two books and the last third of the Morganville Vampires anthology left to complete the series, likewise two books to catch up with the David Nelson apocalypse series and the newest Iron Druid book. I feel the urge for some short horror by Hunter Shea and I've wanted to read Shark Island since I bought it! I'll be getting onto book three of A Song of Ice and Fire as well as I want to dive back into Westeros! Might just have to add some apocalypse and zombie reads too...

MUST READ:
1) Rachel Caine-Fall Of Night #14
2) Rachel Caine-Daylighters #15
3) Rachel Caine-Midnight Bites (Morganville Vampires anthology)
4) George RR Martin-A Storm of Swords bk #1
5) David Nelson-Building Bridges #4
6) David Nelson-A New Horizon #5 
7) Chris Jameson-Shark Island
8) Kevin Hearne-Beseiged (Iron Druid anthology)
9) Hunter Shea-They Rise
10) Hunter Shea-Loch Ness Revenge
11) Hunter Shea-Savage Jungle

8 comments:

  1. I do like the sound of Loch Ness revenge!! The GRRM books are so good, I ordered the prequel book, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms so I'm looking forward to that. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't much like the Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. The first story was a little slow but I did like the jousting bits, but the second story was so dull! The third was ok but nothing great. I hope you like it better though!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I actually made myself a reading list this month. I probably won’t get to all of it. It’s a big list.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list for last month was too long and I think my brain rebelled against it! This month I'm keeping it to these few must read books and then it will be a free for all!

      Delete
  3. Yah! I'm reading some Hunter Shea in August as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've picked out the three shorter books I have so that should quickly boost my Goodreads challenge! I'm looking forward to these books though!

      Delete
  4. I've really gotta get round to reading Kevin Hearne sometime. People seem to love his work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mix of action and humour in his Iron Druid series and I'm curious about the new series he's working on. I'll probably try the first one to see what it's like.

      Delete