Saturday, 13 May 2017

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my new feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my blog! Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
This has not been a productive week. The warmer weather in my part of the world means my house was stuffy and I was grumpy and tired and unable to sleep much so getting anything done was pretty difficult. I seemed to be staring at the computer screen a lot and yawning, that's as good as it got! It wasn't great. I like blogging daily and doing 2-3 posts each day but this week I struggled to get something out each day. I'm glad I was able to get my regular features mostly done but really it was a week to forget. My reading also took a hit and I spent most of my nights binge watching Game of Thrones again. I didn't pick up a book all week. I can't let this continue so I need to get something productive done today.

I didn't even buy any paperbacks! I still have a few political ones from last week that I didn't upload but I didn't actually purchase any which is good. I think that came down to the fact that I couldn't be bothered looking at Amazon, more than any great restraint on my part! I did buy a few cheap ebook downloads though but that doesn't really count does it...? On the bright side my beloved football team St Mirren finished the season in 7th place and are safe from relegation! We live to fight another year! And I've also started a binge rewatch of Game of Thrones, zooming through seasons one and two again...

DOWNLOADS:



PAPERBACKS:



Chuckles Blogging World: 

In the end with the week I had, I was happy to get my usual posts like Top Ten Tuesday, Game of Thrones Gossip, Chuckles Cover Love and Chuckles Chat done. Better than nothing I guess! Click on the link provided to go to each blog post if you missed it during the week and feel free to stop by and leave a comment!

Book Reviews: 

I didn't do very well on reviews this week, managing a couple of zombie ones I read in March and two Retro Reads from further back-zombies and Tudors. I'm hoping for a more productive week coming up and get more reviews posted from my March reads!

Steven Jenkins-Purge (Burn the Dead #2)

Steven Jenkins-Riot (Burn the Dead #3)

Jenny Thomson-Dead Bastards 

Lyn Andrews-The Queen's Promise

Regular Features: 

For those wondering about the political posts, I'm not sharing my thoughts on the parties or policies or talking actual politics. Instead I'm having a bit of fun by looking at the funny and embarrassing gaffes, the amusing stories and photo opportunities. All parties will be mocked! My Top Ten Tuesday was looking at general booky things that there need to more of!

Top Ten Tuesday-Things on my Reading Wishlist! 

Chuckles Cover Love-George RR Martin

Chuckles Guide to the UK Election #3

Discussion Posts:

 It seemed logical to do my Chuckles Chat post about Reading Slumps when I find myself about to fall in to one oif I don't action! My Game of Thrones post this week looks at Dany and the Dothraki and I just had to give you guys a chance of surviving the zombie apocalypse!

Chuckles Chat-Reading Slumps

Game of Thrones Gossip-The Dothraki

How to Survive A Zombie Apocalypse!

Book Challenge Updates:

 Move along, nothing to see here! Yes it was unproductive to say the least with NO reading done in the last seven days which is pretty shocking.

My Goodreads Challenge total currently stands at 107/250 No progress made on that this week.

TBR total of books I own but haven't read yet stands at 813. Not doing much to help myself get below 800. Stop buying books!!! Read more!!!

That's all for this week! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to visit my blog and leave comments. You guys are great! 

Next Week: 

I will have the pleasure of guest posting over on Barb's blog, doing a post on brave and loyal hounds in apocalypse and horror! Look out for that on Monday! 


22 comments:

  1. You may have the warmest place in Europe these days, Chuckles! It's still fairly cold here, and it sucks. I'm so ready to turn off the heat - which I haven't been able to do yet.
    Your new books look really good, and I hope you'll enjoy them!
    Have a wonderful weekend and get out of that book slump :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today it is freezing cold! You just can't predict the weather here at all which makes planning anything impossible! I'm hoping my new book will get me out of the slump...it's not on my list for this month but I've started reading the first Game of Thrones book! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I've definitely had weeks when I haven't picked up a book or done too much with blogging. It's really hard to motivate yourself when you aren't sleeping great. I hope you are able to get back on track soon and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to get motivated at times, you're right! I keep having nighmares about spiders which don't help either...

      Delete
  3. I’ve also been feeling unproductive. I did work stuff and read a lot of political news, but that’s about it. I only finished one book and didn’t write any blog posts. With summer coming, I guess I’ve been occupied with other things.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is an unproductive virus going through the blogging world right now! I wish I was occupied with other exciting things but sadly, no such luck! I hope to get some reading and TV done tonight.

      Delete
  4. Surviving the Fall looks good! And don't be too hard on yourself- spending time with Game of Thrones isn't so bad lol. Hope your week ahead is more reading- friendly though! I didn't read a ton either, TBH. I started a book I wasn't feeling and that doomed the rest of the week...

    I liked your zombie apoc post this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started reading the first book! It's been calling to me for months now and I just thought 'stuff it, THIS is what I want to read' so hopefully it will end the slump. It's such a darn big book though! *whimpers*

      Delete
  5. I don't think I had a very productive week either. My week started out fine but by the end things were way off track. It happens. I hope you have a great week this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just hate weeks like that? Grr! I'm hoping to end the slump by reading Game of Thrones and maybe a political non fiction book as well. That should get me moving again!

      Delete
  6. It's fun to take a break every now and then, and I can't think of a better pastime than binge watching GoT :) I've been thinking of doing the same, maybe rewatch everything in prep of the new season this summer.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binge watching Game of Thrones...and finally starting on the books! It should be a good month now I hope!

      Delete
  7. We also have some warmer weather here, it's not too bad, but I usually have a bit of an adjustment period as well when it gets really warm. I hope your next week is more productive and you can find a book to read. Although re-watching a series also sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two days have been the opposite...freezing cold and rain! I don't have plans to go out at the moment so I'm ok with a cozy fire and Game of Thrones!

      Delete
  8. Hope this weeks picks up for you. I read a couple references to GoT in some of my reading which has made me want to go back and rewatch GoT. Also spotted Littlefinger in a couple movies this week - The Lovers and King Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get out of this latest insomnia spell I think I'd be doing ok with reading and stuff! It's just frustrating but nothing I can really do about it. Decided to treat myself to a few books to cheer myself up though! I first saw Littlefinger actor in a gay drama years back Queer As Folk. I know they did a US version but I never saw it.

      Delete
  9. Oh, yeesh, is it warm in the UK? I dunwanna come back for my exams! It makes my head feel full of cotton wool, it really does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was here until the latest cold front moved in! Brrr! The south of England got rain last week I think so maybe that is what we're getting. Today it feels like winter!

      Delete
  10. I wonder if it's something in the air, seeing I have had a hard time getting motivated myself.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be something in the air...a lot of people seem to be struggling with reading and blogging at the moment. I guess that should make me feel better!

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear you felt it was not a productive week. We are having a hard time with the change of weather at home too! You should take a break until you feel better. Only one post please.. GoT! My favorite of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah don't worry, I'll make sure GoT keeps going up! I'm having a lot of fun doing these posts so they will continue!

      Delete