Sunday, 21 May 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #26


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm going zombie and looking at the Rhiannon Frater series As The World Dies. It is hard to get interesting zombie books but this trilogy is a reasonable offering.


What I really like are the covers for the short story anthologies which fit in around the novels. I love these covers which did prompt me to pay more than I wanted for such short books.

 



















 

10 comments:

  1. I read all of these and loved the series! I hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the first book and the first short story anthology...really need to get this series up to date soon!

      Delete
  2. Forgot to mention the covers. Some are different from when I read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My book one cover is actually different from the ones above and the book is a huge edition that I want to get rid of for the mass market paperback size so it all fits!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love those short story ones! They're interesting scenes and they're eye-catching and the artwork is great! But the trilogy covers are good too. The kind of typical zombie silhouettes in the background look, but with kind of a twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like getting a zombie series with good covers...there aren't many of them out there. I love the water tower!

      Delete
  4. Ooh some awesome ones here! Fighting To Survive and As The World Dies Vol 1 might be my favorites here, but I kinda like em all? I love them stuck on a water tower! The First Days is really good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that water tower cover...it matches one of the short stories. Imagine that scene, scrambling up there to be safe and then realising you are trapped without supplies. Scary stuff!

      Delete
  5. I love this series. Although I do have to catchup on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get caught up over the summer. That's the plan anyway!

      Delete