Sunday, 14 May 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #25


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm back to apocalypse books and The Survivalist series by prepper and author Arthur T Bradley. The covers in the series are a bit mixed but the good ones are really good! I particularly like 1, 3, 5 and 8 and they do give you the idea of what the series is going to be about and that there is an apocalypse.




Here's a close up look at the two best covers for me!


14 comments:

  1. Covers are CRUCIAL! I know we are not supposed to judge by them, but sometimes I can not help it. It is not always an indicator of how good or bad a book is but it makes a difference sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covers are what get most readers to pick the books up in the first place so I like to see lots of good ones out there! Indie books in particular can have some really dull covers. I get that writers may not want to use a lot of money for things like that but I think it's vital to get your book noticed!

      Delete
  2. I really need to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the first one and liked it. I hope the rest of the series lives up to it!

      Delete
  3. I like 1, 5 and 8 the best with 8 probably being the best of the best. It just looks really cinematic with them going thru the fence, but 3 is pretty sweet with the firefight going on. Looks like a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about 8 that screams danger! It fits the apocalypse theme of the book and the title. I love that the series is numbered on the front cover with a bootprint housing the book number!

      Delete
  4. I agree, these are kind of a mixed bag, but the good ones are really good! I think I like 1, 5, 7, and 8 best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel at least some effort has gone into the series instead of covers featuring a dead exciting path or field! The good ones are good!

      Delete
  5. I like #8 and #4 the best. These sure are some interesting looking covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eight seems to be a popular choice here. It just screams 'danger'. And of course the series features an Irish wolfhound with different eye colours called Bowie!

      Delete
  6. My favorite are 1 and 2 because they are kinda grunge and sepia and that's how the apocalypse makes me feel. And I have a thing for anything Gothic like crows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like crows on book covers. They are just so intelligent and clever birds!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I like an apocalypse series with good covers...

      Delete