Monday, 22 May 2017

Around the Blogs with Chuckles


We all enjoy snooping and lurking on other people's blogs right? Why not share those entertaining things you found with other readers and bloggers too! Welcome to Around the Blogs with Chuckles, where I take time out to show you some of my favourite blog posts from the previous seven days and link you up so you can check them out.

This Week!

1) What you need to know before you open a Netgalley account 

Nicole from Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks about the mistakes that new members can easily make and the importance of your feedback ratio and archive dates. An excellent guide for anyone new to or planning to join Netgalley.

https://feedyourfictionaddiction.com/2017/05/need-know-open-netgalley-account.html 

2) Favourite Casting Choice

Winter is Coming looks at the importance of good casting choices for the Game of Thrones series and gives you a chance to vote for a few of your favourite actors. Only picking three was so darn hard!!! 

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/05/20/small-council-favorite-casting-choice-game-thrones/ 

3) Consistency in series book covers

Kristen over at Metaphors and Moonlight was talking about how irritating it is when the covers of a book series are changed during it by publishers. She gives examples of good consistency and shows when they really get it wrong!

http://blog.kristenburns.com/consistency-in-series-book-covers/ 

4) The Boy on the Bridge by MR Carey 

Mogsy at The BiblioSanctum reviewed the follow up book to the massive bestseller The Girl with all the Gifts and at last we get to see beyond that vague blurb for the book! This review made me want to grab the book NOW!

https://bibliosanctum.com/2017/05/15/book-review-the-boy-on-the-bridge-by-m-r-carey/ 

5) How to makeover a Pinterest account

Dragonfly over at Our Familiarium talks about Pinterest and the ways that you can give it a face-lift. I really need to find time to hang out more on Pinterest! I love it but haven't been there for ages!

http://www.ourfamiliarium.com/2017/05/im-blogging-how-to-makeover-a-pinterest-account-in-four-easy-steps/ 

6) The Hogwarts Tag 

AJ at Read All The Things took part in the Hogwarts tag. I had a lot of fun doing this tag a while back and I always enjoy seeing the answers that everyone else has.

http://ajsterkel.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/the-hogwarts-tag.html 

7) Blue's Prophecy blog tour 

Barb over at Booker T's Farm reviewed this book and I thought the review was excellent. This book has one of the most beautiful dog covers I've seen so I just had to rave about it a little! 

http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/blues-prophecy-blog-tour.html 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mentioned and what a great feature. I'm off to check out some of these other helpful posts right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be nice to give a shout out to the blogs I visit and some good posts every week. I was going to add it to the weekend post but it would've been too long so I figured a new post on Mondays works better!

      Delete
  2. Ooh some good stuff here. I saw a few of those posts. :)

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this might direct some traffic to the featured blogs! I'm hoping to do plenty visiting this week!

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful post! I have already checked out a few of these and will have to take a peek at others. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's going to be useful! I like this kind of post as it helps you find good stuff out there.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea. And we visit a lot of the same blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I joined Pinterest not long ago. It was a week moment. I have spent way too much time looking at garden stuff I can't afford to build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be pretty addictive! I love just pinning things for fun!

      Delete