Saturday, 1 April 2017

April Horror Month


Welcome to Horror Month at The Book Cave! I'll be reading a whole mixture of books and short stories this month all with a horror theme. There may be monsters. There will be gore! There will be death! There will be scares and excitement! *screams*

As I'm also starting a series catch up of The Morganville Vampires this month, the first four books and some short stories from up to book five in the timeline will be on the list, along with short Bigfoot War stories so it looks like a huge pile I'm reading when lots are short stories! It should get the tbr down in a hurry!

Books:
1) Jack Kilborn-Trapped
2) Jack Kilborn-Endurance
3) Jack Kilborn-Haunted House
4) Eric S Brown-Redneck Apocalypse (read)
5) Eric S Brown-Zombie Apocalypse (read)
6) Eric S Brown-After the Fall (read)
7) Eric S Brown-Outbreak (read)
8) Eric S Brown-Frontier (read)
9) Eric S Brown-Tales of the Sasquatch Apocalypse (read)
10) Eric S Brown-The End
11) Rachel Caine-Myrnin's Tale (read)
12) Rachel Caine-Nothing like an angel (read)
13) Rachel Caine-Sam's Story (read)
14) Rachel Caine-Grudge (read)
15) Rachel Caine-New Blood (read)
16) Rachel Caine-The First Day of the Rest of Your Life (read)
17) Rachel Caine-Glass Houses (read)
18) Rachel Caine-Eve's Diary (read)
19) Rachel Caine-Amelie's Story
20) Rachel Caine-Dead Girls Dance 
21) Rachel Caine-Midnight Alley
22) Rachel Caine-Wrong Place Wrong Time
23) Rachel Caine-Feast of Fools
24) Rachel Caine-Dead Man Stalking
25) Keith RA DeCandido-Resident Evil Extinction
26) John Shirley-Resident Evil Retribution
27) SD Perry-Resident Evil The Umbrella Conspiracy
28) Thomas E. Sniegoski-The Demonists
29) Sonya Bateman-Wrong Side of Hell
30) Sonya Bateman-Master And Apprentice
31) John Ringo-Under a Graveyard Sky
32) Joseph Nassise-Eyes to See 
33) Cherie Priest-Hellbent
34) Patricia Briggs-Fire Touched 
35) Daniel Parsons-Necroville
36) EW Osborne-Stasis Beta
37) Eric S Brown-Planet Sasquatch
38) Eric S Brown-Planet Sasquatch Retaliation
39) Eric S Brown-The Mech Age





11 comments:

  1. Nice list! I don't think I've ever read any Bigfoot stories, so I'll be watching to see what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bigfoot War series has been fun. It's nice to see tribes of vicious Sasquatches on a murdering frenzy instead of just one hiding in the trees! A good one to try is Hunter Shea's Swamp Monster Massacre. It's a traditional Bigfoot gorefest.

      Delete
  2. I really like that you 'theme' your months :D

    'Redneck Apocalypse' sounds pretty entertaining, do you think I can just read it as a stand alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it helps me if I pick a pile in advance to read. I spend less time wondering what I'm going to read if I have less to choose from! Redneck Apocalypse shows the Sasquatch War starting in Sylva and it continues into Zombie Apocalypse. At the same time Bigfoot War one and two (in the omnibus) cover the main outbreak in Babble Creek. Outbreak covers the outbreak in Asheville at the same time. So they are all interlinked short stories of towns in the area falling to the Sasquatch tribes. I guess you could read one as a seperate story if you wanted to but I'm not sure what you'd get out of it.

      Delete
    2. Well, I prefer to read chronologically anyways, so I have a look at the first ones in the series, thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Holy cow! I'm so excited. I see several authors I've read before and some new ones I'll be checking out through your reviews. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be a while before I get caught up with reviews for this month...I've still got ones from January to do!

      Delete
  4. Wow. Good luck. I'm sure you'll read los of good books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing well with the Bigfoot and Morganville short stories so far!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Heh! Call me traditional but I love that kind of book...!

      Delete