Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #15


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

I haven't read this series by Jaye Wells yet but I certainly love looking at the covers. This is the type of cover that I love in urban fantasy. I've read and enjoyed the first of her Sabina Kane books and look forward to reading both series during this year.


Has anyone read this series? Is it good? How does it compare to the Sabina Kane series for humour and action?

8 comments:

  1. I own Dirty Magic and I'm pretty sure it was a cover buy. Man, too many books, not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great cover...how are we meant to resist this kind of cover?!

      Delete
  2. I especially love the first cover! And I like how the rest are consistent. Haven't read the books, but I think Dirty Magic is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of the series...really need to have a UF month maybe in April or May to catch up on shorter series like this. I think next month I must tackle the Morganville Vampires series and just get it read. It is festering on my bookshelves!

      Delete
  3. Dirty Magic is definitely my favorite. Love the title too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the books live up to the covers!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this series. I hope it's good. I love the light gleaming in these covers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the book one cover, liked the sound of the story and previously enjoyed the author's work. Buying this series was a no brainer for me!

      Delete