Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Chuckles 2017 Series Read Challenge-March


Every year I promise to catch up on the book series that have been sitting on my shelves brooding for years. Last year I did actually manage to deal with a few which is better than I've done in the last four years combined! Now it is time to look forward with excitement to getting more series completed!

FEBRUARY UPDATE:

Michael Stephen Fuchs-Arisen
status-read 1-4, need to read 5-12 and two prequel novels.

updated: read 5-11 and 2 prequels. 

MARCH PLAN:
I have some books on my reading list for this month that will allow me to catch up with or complete a few series I've started.

Steven Jenkins-Burn the dead
1) Quarantine (previously read)
2) Purge
3) Riot

JT Sawyer-First Wave
1) First Wave (previously read)
2) The Longest Day
3) No place to hide

Bonnie Dee
1) After the End (previously read)
2) Dead Country

Jason Kristopher-The Dying of the Light
1) End (previously read)
2) Interval
3) Beginning
-Walker chronicles short stories

Robert Brown-The Last Blade of Grass
1) The Last Blade of Grass (previously read)
2) Barren Fields

Cherie Priest-Cheshire Red Reports
1) Bloodshot (previously read)
2) Hellbent

Patricia Briggs-Mercy Thompson
1-8 (previously read)
9) Fire Touched 

Micah Gurley-Macon Saga
1) The Road to Macon (previously read)
2) The Rise of Macon

Craig Jones
1) Outbreak (previously read)
2) Breakout
 

12 comments:

  1. You know I've never picked up Blood Red because I know the series got canned after the second book. So many people seem to love it so it would be great if she was able to find someone to pick it up. I have an ARC of Brimstone, which comes out in April, and I'm excited to get to it. I loved her last book, The Family Plot. Good luck this month from me and the pups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloodshot was a great book! I just bought the first two and found out days later that there were going to be no more which annoyed me. That's why I kept putting off reading this last one, hoping for some self publishing news! Great characters, humour, kickass action, vampires...WANT MORE!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a full month ahead! I wish you luck on your series challenge (it's a challenge I need to work on myself) :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having these goals is helping me push through and keep reading at the moment. I really want to go to my bed for a month but that isn't happening so read instead!

      Delete
  3. Some of these sound pretty dang good! You're becoming a one- stop shop for apoc reads lol, I'm getting lots of ideas from your lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of nice zombie series to catch up with! I read my first book last night so that kind of kickstarts me from a poor week or two of reading. Happier now! Going to get started on the next book in a few minutes after I catch up on some blog stuff! Welcome to Chuckles Independent Apocalypse Services! And much more to come...lots of apocalypse reviews over the next few weeks!

      Delete
  4. wow this is quite the list! but you read A LOT so I'm sure you'll read them all. Hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read three already! They were shorter books but it gets them off my tbr and it's more zombies today!

      Delete
  5. You are going to have quite the busy month. Lots of great reads and Briggs is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be a good month for reducing the tbr and my Goodreads challenge as quite a few are series catchups. I'm looking forward to getting some of these read!

      Delete
  6. I want to reread those Cherie Priest books sometime soon! I hope I still love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so much loved Bloodshot! I was gutted to find out there are only two books and then the publisher dumped the series. Gah! I bet they regret it now that she's selling so many books...

      Delete