Sunday, 19 February 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #14


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

This week I'm going to look at survival in the apocalypse. I love that kind of book whether it is about ordinary people struggling to adapt or preppers who are ready for disaster. I haven't read this series by A American yet but I've heard good things about it, it sounds good...and I really love the covers!




I like the mix of colours and scenes and that the covers match the story that they are telling about the apocalypse. I'm not sure if there are going to be more in the series but I want to read the whole thing this year as part of my series catch up!

14 comments:

  1. The series looks great. One thing I kept expecting was for one of the figures to turn around and look back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that kind of cover and of course I can never resist a good apocalypse! I love the sound of this kind of book.

      Delete
  2. You're right, the colors really make for great covers. That's a long series but I'm sure you'll breeze through it in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about it that shouts 'apocalypse baby!' and I feel like I'm there watching the guy! I have a few series like this with similar storylines so exciting times ahead for my reading this year!

      Delete
  3. Those are some great cover and they really give off that whole post apocalyptic world and trying to survive feel. Although it does bother me a bit that the last two have slightly different font and format for the covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two books are spinoffs from the original series, cowritten by two authors. I'm not sure how they fit into the series yet so I need to find that out before I start reading!

      Delete
  4. Escaping Home and Forsaking Home both seem to put you right in the action. Actually a lot of these do. Pretty effective covers in that sense. I like avenging Home and Charlie's requiem as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all the covers but Avenging Home gives you that desolate kind of feeling. I'm looking forward to getting started on those bad boys!

      Delete
  5. The last two are interesting, but I have to admit I don't particularly care for the rest. But it's always interesting to me to see different people's taste in covers! And hopefully you'll like the books when you read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covers are a personal thing aren't they...I agree with you that it's fun to see everyone's tastes! But of course the important thing is whether you like the books or not and I so want to love this series!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I've got so many apocalypse series waiting for me this year-it's exciting! I can't wait to get stuck in and read them all...

      Delete
  7. I'd not heard of this series but I think I may have to check these out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these prepper apocalypse books! I find them scarier than any horror book and this series came highly recommended. I hope to get started on this soon.

      Delete