Sunday, 12 February 2017

Chuckles Cover Love #13


If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all. 

OK, calling all you Harry Potter fans out there, have YOU been tempted by the release of the Philosopher's Stone 20th anniversary edition books in four house covers? Hmmm? Well I definitely want these bad boys or at least my own house Hufflepuff! They have added content including factfiles and profiles of famous characters and house illustrations...



No, you are not seeing things...they DO have coloured pages! I have to get me that yellow Hufflepuff one! It must be done! Here is a close up of my precious in paperback and hardback...


















Are you planning a grab? I'm off to pre-order at LEAST the Hufflepuff paperback, the house I was sorted into on the original Pottermore-I'm not on the new version at all. Which House are you or which are you buying? Release is June this year!

12 comments:

  1. Those sure are pretty copies of the these books! I think I got sorted in ravenclaw if I remember correctly. I joined Pottermore years ago, but haven't been there since. I like how these copies play up the whole house thing, sounds like a good way to market it and get people to buy another copy of this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to get the four paperbacks as it is a pretty set *shuffles feet with guily look on face* I mean, the Hufflepuff one would be lonely on its own...

      Delete
  2. you are SO RIGHT about covers! I'm such a visual person I;m even weary to read a book with a cover that I don't like even if I heard is good!
    OMG I NEED THOSE HARRY POTTER BOOKS!!! they look AWESOME! I haven't bought any HP book so maybe this is the edition to get!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love coloured pages! You don't see many books with them and with it being Harry, well resistance is futile! It is a special anniversary after all...

      Delete
  3. Ooh colored pages. How cool! I'm not a HP reader (I read the first one) but I would want these as a fan! Those covers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a very weak chuckles! I need more HP editions like a hole in the head but hey, buying them anyway! Books are my only vice so I don't care...

      Delete
  4. Oooo I've not seen those covers, they looks amazing! Ravenclaw for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are limited edition so I've got mine pre-ordered!

      Delete
  5. Hmm, there have been so many HP covers/editions over the years, I can't say these are my favorite but I do have to give it props for the colored pages. Now THAT is too cool!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think kids are going to go mad for these editions with the house colours on each. I know I am!

      Delete
  6. These are some really gorgeous books! Except I'm a Ravenclaw, and the Ravenclaw colors suck lol. I didn't know they had extra stuff too though, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn these publishers! They just know how to tempt me when I'm at my weakest. I love coloured pages. Only had one set with coloured pages before and I didn't like the series and had to part with them...

      Delete