Friday, 12 August 2016

Chuckles Goes Olympic Day Six


Holy Cow, what a day. A few of our athletes had me hyper today and a few ie Andy Murray, put my nerves through the wringer! Andy dug in when all looked lost and showed the champion that he is so I salute him. Sad to see Jamie Murray out of the mixed doubles with Jo Konta while she was defeated in the singles-both losses were very tough matches so well done for their efforts. Our tennis team have played really well.



But the highest drama of the night was my favourite event-yes track cycling has begun!!! And we got off to a GREAT start with the two team pursuits both looking good in qualification. But how exciting is the sprint event! My heart was racing just watching it and it was another GOOOLLLDDD!!! Well done to Philip Hindes, Jason Kenny and Callum Skinner! They were totally amazing and I was buzzing so much I couldn't sleep so who knows how they felt!


Then the brilliant David Florence and Richard Hounslow got silver in the canoe slalom which was a great performance! And another silver for the GB rugby team! You guys were brilliant! Congrats to the incredible Fiji team on their gold. They looked unbeatable! And silver in the rowing for Kath Grainger and Vicky Thornley!







No comments:

Post a Comment