Saturday, 16 July 2016

Stacking the Shelves #140



Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
        
It has been one of those really annoying weeks where I got nothing productive done. It was a week full of health scares, doctor visits, insomnia and feeling pretty miserable. Full details on my Retail Therapy post. So I didn't get any real reading done but I did watch two films last Sunday. I've already reviewed Atill Alice this week and hope to review Doubt tomorrow. I've been glued to the TV as well, watching all the exciting political developments in my country, feeling physically sick at the terrible events in Nice, and watching in disbelief the bungled coup in Turkey last night. It was certainly eventful. Puts all my miseries into perspective.

The one good thing to come out of this week was retail therapy on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday my dad and I raided HMV and bought nine cheap dvds. You can see what we bought on the Retail Therapy post. I also went online hunting for Kindle bargains and I grabbed a TON of urban fantasy and dinosaur books! I think I grabbed about 75 over the last few days and I only paid for about 10 of them! YEA! Some have been available free for a while and I ignored them because they have romance in them but I have decided to give them a chance anyway and it is exciting to find a pile of new authors to try. It'll take me quite a few weeks to get them uploaded onto my STS! This week, I'm featuring books mostly from 2 weeks ago that I didn't have space for on last week's post. 

DOWNLOADS:


 
 
 
 


PAPERBACKS:




26 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a shocking week! :-( I hope things are better soon and that you enjoy your new additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You feel bad complaining about some niggily problems when disasters and shootings are happening everywhere...but it's human nature to whinge about small things I guess!

      Delete
  2. You always have the most interesting covers on your StS posts, Chuckles! Though I have to admit, I saw "KING" on that book up there and thought for a minute it was a Stephen King book I'd never heard of. I HAAAAATE when names are emphasized like that just to confuse people! XD

    Here's hoping you enjoy your recent acquisitions! Also, here's my Stacking the Shelves this week, if you're interested in checking it out--no worries if you're not, though! Happy book-ing to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They like to confuse us, that's for sure! I hate when the same book is released under different titles or covers just to fool you-easy to forget what you have with the size of my tbr! I'm a bit late getting round the blogs this week but I am visiting for sure!

      Delete
  3. Oooooh I think I would really like Darker Things. It sounds so good! :D

    Happy Reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book has been on and off my Kindle for ages but I definitely plan to read it this time!

      Delete
  4. I see about three I'm going to have to add. I hope you enjoy Envy of Angels. All 3 of that series are good and there are to be 4 more. I read Four and Twenty Blackbirds several years ago and liked it but never read the last 2. Maybe I should do that. I know what you mean with the world being so crazy. I told my husband I almost hate to turn on the TV anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I'm corrupting you again! Well if my tbr is huge, I'll make sure everyone else has the same problem! I'm unsure about the Cherie Priest one-it's not my usual kind of read but I'll decide later. I haven't read anything so far this week and I'm getting annoyed about it!

      My dad said if we won the lottery and had enough money not to care about taxes and stuff, he'd live on online shopping and never watch the news again. I can see his point as the news winds me up or upsets me most of the time.

      Delete
  5. Eek, not a good week for many people, it seems like. I hope the retail therapy helped!

    I normally like Cherie Priest, but Four and Twenty Blackbirds is probably my least favourite so far. I just didn't get into it as much. I keep thinking about trying it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the book to be honest but I was in full book grab mode and restraint was totally gone!

      Yeah, a really bad week for those poor people in Nice, that's for sure. That video was the worst thing I have seen in my life. I felt physically sick watching that unfold. You do feel bad moaning about your life in a week where that happens...

      Delete
  6. Oh nice many books I'm curious about there! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm spreading my corrupting influence...!

      Delete
  7. Great haul of books! All of them look intriguing but thank you especially for the reminder that I have Darker Things by Rob Cornell! I got it free a while back and then promptly forgot about it, looking forward to seeing what you think of it :)

    Here's hoping you and your family all have a better week this week, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep deleting it from my Kindle, changing my mind and uploading it again...I AM going to keep it and read it this time! Yeah I hit these 'sorry for myself' moods and like to moan about it on the blog but I know I'm lucky compared to many others especially this week. Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  8. I'm scared to watch the news as it seems to be constant horror. Hope you are ok! Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They keep claiming that society in general is NOT getting worse but I don't agree. Oh hell, breaking news from Germany just came up about an axe attack on a train. WTF??? The world is going mad.

      Delete
  9. Sorry to hear you had a bit of bad week :(. But yay for retail therapy! I notice that often in the meh weeks I grab a whole lot more books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to retail therapy always! Ahem, I did a bit today after the blood tests I went back for. You just HAVE to treat yourself in a sale!

      Delete
  10. Gotta love the zombie stuck on a swing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to love ANY zombies...unless they are trying to eat you of course...!

      Delete
  11. I hope you're feeling better, chuckles!! And that your dinosaur books with romance are good enough to not be DNFs ;)
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a bit better tonight...and the thought of dinosaurs makes me feel pretty good! Heh! I'm ready to risk romance in the books to find some decent reads!

      Delete
  12. I am intrigued by Seize the soul !
    Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some interesting looking books and I'm excited by them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I'm going to go look for your other post now. Do hope you are okay.

    And what a list of books you have there!

    ReplyDelete