Friday, 15 July 2016

Retail Therapy


This has been a pretty poor week all in all. On Sunday my dad came home after a night out to say my uncle looks pretty ill and he wanted to check on him the next day. Cue worried sleepless night. He was a bit better on Monday but is waiting on results back from tests the previous week.

Tuesday I get a letter from the doctor wanting to discuss blood tests I had done last week so I spent Tuesday night worrying about every disease under the sun until I saw the doctor on Wednesday. My thyroid test is slightly off, so is my white blood count (slightly too high) and slightly abnormal kidney function test. This set me into panic as I had kidney failure as a kid which nearly killed me. Doctor thinks it might be a small infection but isn't worried so MORE blood tests on Monday which has had me on edge.

Thursday morning my dad had a recurrence of ongoing ear pain and had a panic attack so we set out to do retail therapy in the afternoon to cheer ourselves up. I grabbed some cheap dvds from HMV...



So have you seen any of these? No spoilers please but I'd be interested in whether or not you enjoyed them! I also grabbed an amazing 60 urban fantasy books from different sites and only paid for about 10 of them-exciting! They will gradually appear on upcoming STS posts!

Also bought yummy ASDA chilli cheese dips, Aldi cakes, smoked salmon canopes from Tesco...lovely!

9 comments:

  1. Sending good thought to you and your family. Booker T wants everyone to feel better soon. Retail therapy is the best! My husband and I LOVED Big Game and Samuel Jackson is so awesome as the President. Can't wait to see what urban fantasy you grabbed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I officially feel sorry for myself! This week has been so annoying I haven't been able to get the computer sorted. Funny, the guy in HMV was raving about Big Game as well, so I have high hopes for this film!

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm I'll be round shortly for that smoked salmon!! I haven't seen any of those films but I love Alan Tudyk who is in that Tucker and Dale film.

    Hope your uncle is ok and that you and your dad are ok too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be all minor but annoying illnesses we're getting which make you feel sorry for yourself. Retail therapy did help-now I need to find time to watch them all!

      Delete
  3. I do hope all the results come back okay. If it's just your thyroid, it's an easy fix with a pill and just watching blood work. But hopefully it's all nothing. Try to get some rest and don't worry to much. Please. :) **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already on thyroid medication but my results keep going borderline which is getting frustrating! I'm hoping to get the blood test results from Monday's repeat tests back today or tomorrow. Thanks Melissa!

      Delete
    2. Ugh. Yeah. The local friends I have who still have their thyroid (I don't) are constantly changing medicine levels. It's irritating and frustrating. Hope all comes back well.

      Delete
  4. Retail Therapy - i like it ;-)
    Hoping for the best for you and yours regarding the health front.

    ReplyDelete