Saturday, 18 June 2016

Stacking the Shelves #137


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                                  
I am pleased to report that I've had a good reading week and the slump is officially over. During a slump I lose interest in fiction for some reason-lack of concentration I guess-so I switched to non fiction and I'm going pretty well so far! I reckon I'll get 5 or 6 books read by Sunday so I'm happy with that. My dad has been watching racing and football so that doesn't give a peaceful atmosphere to read, so I've got lots of blogging done during the day. Reading is at night in the peace of my own room. Overall it has been pretty productive so I can't complain. I just need to find a balance so I can also get films and TV series watched! It's June and I've watched 2 new films all year which is very poor and no new series except a few Masterchefs!
 
Things have been good on the book buying front as well. I have had a post holiday splurge on Amazon to grab a few historical fiction and mountain climbing non fiction books. Not all have arrived yet so I think some will be on next week's STS. Naturally I picked up some ebooks as well-not sure if I'll have space for all of them this week...yes normal service has been resumed at Chez Chuckles! I'm beyong caring about the tbr at the moment-it'll come down at some point but I'm not going to stress about it!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
DVD:
 
 
I know, I know, a bit mad  buying GOT5 when I've never seen a single episode but even if I don't like it, my dad should love it! I had to buy the German versions of Bitten as Amazon UK only stocks the US versions which don't play in my DVD player. Very useful.
 

22 comments:

  1. Woohoo! For the end of the slump! I hope you get some good reading done this weekend. Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to decide whether to read tonight and finish this book or sit and watch a dvd box set...Hmmm it's a tricky one! I am glad the slump is over though!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you're reading once more, Chuckles!! I hope you'll enjoy all the new goodies you've added to your shelves this week.
    Have a fantastic weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a relief to be back on the reading! I'm very excited about the haul this week...

      Delete
  3. Oh you have a great variety of books this week! I love historical fiction so I am drawn to In The Midst Of Madness. Have fun reading all your books, and thanks again for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with the variety of books this week-it makes a nice change from just zombies and apocalypses! When I get round to reading each one is another matter!

      Delete
  4. I hate when the DVD's don't play in certain players because of Region. I wish they would make DVD Players to do all regions, you know. You got some interesting books. I loved Bitten. I hope you love all your new books and thanks for visiting me earlier.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great to have a universal region wouldn't it! It would make life so much easier for all of us buyers-which is probably why they'll never do it...I have to adjust the language on the episodes to English but it shouldn't be a big problem.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a good haul! I forget, have you read Cherie Priest's book/s with Lizzie Borden as a main character? They're kind of weird, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading Maplecroft at the moment. Actually I've been reading it for weeks! But I'm a bit stuck at the moment. I need to make an effort to get it finished though as I do want to see what happens!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad your slump is over. I see you grabbed The Secrets of Lizzie Borden. Hope you love it as much as I did. I may have to check out Saber Tooth - loving that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched every bookstore at home and in Blackpool for it and ended up ordering it on Amazon instead. I did get it cheaper that way so it worked out in the end. I grabbed The Ripper's Wife as well-it arrived yesterday so it'll be on my next STS! I am sooo keen to look at Saber Tooth based on that cover!

      Delete
  7. I see a little Lizzy Borden theme there - nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Barb getting the two Brandy Purdy books that got me interested in Lizzie again. On a whim I had to grab the true crime story to read about the trial etc. Should be interesting!

      Delete
  8. I've never heard of any of the books you listed, but I have watched both TV shows. Bitten is really good, and I was super sad to hear there wouldn't be a fourth season, especially with how the third left off. And of course, GoT is GoT. It's epic. Enjoy!

    Rachelle @ Shell's Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep meaning to get started with GoT but with such a huge tbr I seem to focus more on my reading than TV entertainment. Some day I will get the balance right and do BOTH in the same week!

      Delete
  9. It's such a pain that sometimes you can't play a DVD that you bought legally. I hope your fiction slump in over soon.

    My Sunday Summary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey, stupid regions nonsense! I don't know why I get these fiction slumps but can still read non fiction. I think I'm a pretty strange person!

      Delete
  10. I hate getting in slumps. I get in them a bit too often lately. And I love that you have Borden books in your haul. I am very interested in that crime and I love when I see something about it pop up. Enjoy! Here's my StS if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to get one bad one a year. Last year it was March for 2-3 weeks, this time it was May and closer to six weeks! Ugh! I'm looking forward to reading more about Lizzie. I've watched a few docs about her years back but don't remember much about it now!

      Delete
  11. So glad to hear that your slump seems to have passed. :) That's wonderful! Hope your week goes as well this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm off to a good start with a reread of Into Thin Air. I'm planning to read all the other books I have on the 1996 Everest disaster this week and then watch the film. Should be interesting!

      Delete