Friday, 22 January 2016

Weight Loss with Chuckles


I have struggled with my weight since I started my first job back in 1995 and it has been a nightmare at times. As well as having issues with stress and depression, I hate vegetables, don't like much fruit, hate exercise, can't afford gyms and love junk food. So you can see the problems! I even went to Weight Watchers for a few years but although I did lose some weight I became obsessive about food and was eating things I hated, so I became quite unhappy. The weight went back on and then some!

However, last year I got fed up feeling tired, sluggish, out of breath going upstairs and not being able to find clothes to fit me in most shops. I decided I was going to lose weight myself, doing it my way and at my pace. I thought I'd share my story with you in the hope that other people can see that it CAN be done without drastic surgery, starving yourself or gym membership. My weight loss is being done on a tight budget with a simple change of eating habits. Since the end of the summer I have lost 2.5 stone and I'm feeling good about things right now, plus my doctor is delighted. Still a lot of work to do but I'm on the right path at last.

Here are a few things I need to explain:
1-I am not doing exercise of any kind except general housework 
2-I am not following a diet or healthy eating plan of any kind
3-I am not on weight loss medication of any kind
4-I am not a member of any slimming club or group
5-I don't drink pints of water as I don't enjoy it
6-I do not calory count!

So what are the secrets of my success?
1-Apple Cider Vinegar. Every day I take at least one cup of ACV-a tablespoon mixed in with a cup of water and Ribena. It help digestion, flushes out toxins, reduces water retension and reduces sugar cravings. I don't have a rigid routine for it...I take 1-3 cups a day depending on how I feel on a daily basis. See my blog posts on ACV for more details!

2-I hate vegetables and decided to start using my blender to turn them into a nice tasty soup instead. Aldi have soup packs where they have already chopped up the veg for you ready to use. The potato and leek soup mix costs 69p and does about 5 cups of soup. All you need to do is add water and stock cubes, cook veg for about 30 mins in pot, then blend it and serve. Easy! The carrot and parsnip curry soup costs £1.29 and does about 3 cups of soup. Now I hate these veg but I very much enjoy these soups!

3-Switching away from fizzy drinks. I used to drink 4x500ml bottles of Tango a day. Now in the morning I have a cup of coffee and a cup of milk, at lunchtime I have fruit juice, during the day I have up to 3 cups of water with Ribena and ACV. I still have one 500ml bottle of Tango with my dinner, one glass of bitter lemon for medicinal purposes and a cup of tomato juice at night. It reduces the sugar intake a bit!

4-I have not banned myself from eating any food but it is everything in moderation. I try to eat two portions of pasta a week, but other than that I have no fixed menu. I buy what I feel like eating for main mails and I don't look at the calories or anything on the back. If I fancy a cake or a packet of crisps I take it but not every night and not in the volumes I used to.

And that is it really. I know it sounds unbelievable but I credit a few minor changes and the Apple Cider Vinegar as the secrets. I don't obsess over my food, I eat what I want, I don't check the scales more than once a week...and I'm happy! I spend approx £30 on food each week so it is not costing me the earth thanks to Aldi. It might not work for everyone but it shows that you CAN make changes and see a difference.

4 comments:

  1. Aldi is the best and they are everywhere at the minute.

    You have done amazing to lose that weight, I am trying to shift the Christmas weight gain just now, which is roughly half a stone.

    Think I will check out ACV, it sounds like it is worth investigating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just switched to Aldi for our shopping 2 weeks ago and I've been shocked at how much money we've saved each week! Finding this soup has been great! ACV seems to treat so many health issues...wish I'd heard of it sooner. Hope it works for you!

      Delete
  2. Impressive! Sometimes the little things we do can really make a big difference. I love fruits and veggies but I also like junk so I have to work hard to not eat everything. I am glad that you have found something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ACV has certainly killed my desire for chocolate...I don't even feel like I miss it to be honest. But I still like crisps and savoury stuff!

      Delete