Saturday, 12 December 2015

Stacking the Shelves #113


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts. So if you use DISQUS, I can't visit you! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
          
My dad and I have a stupid cold and we're not getting much sleep because we're up all night coughing and choking. I HATE coughs! I can't seem to get rid of this one and it's driving me nuts. Three nights with little sleep is leaving me very grumpy indeed! I think I might be heading to the local chemist when it opens on Monday if this continues. *sulks*
 
I'm still trying to keep up with some reading this week with a bit of zombie fun, getting a review book looked at. I was pleased to enjoy it and hope to get a review up this weekend, time allowing. This week's downloads are ones I grabbed this week. The bought book list are what I grabbed in the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. There will be no more book buying until after Christmas when the sales begin so I'm not sure if there will be STS posts over Christmas unless I find a lot of freebies!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

24 comments:

  1. Ooh, some nice stuff here. I keep thinking maybe I'll read The Age of Miracles, but I keep getting the author mixed up with someone else...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason there aren't more books is because I spent the summer buying lots of sale paperbacks from Amazon so I had most of what I wanted!

      Delete
  2. *ugh* My youngest daughter and I have a cold, too.. no coughing but stuffed noses and sinuses are making sleep difficult here, too :(
    I hope you'll feel better this weekend, with no need for the chemist!
    Your new books look great, and I hope you'll enjoy them all.
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate these head colds-you're not ill enough to see a doctor but it's enough to make you miserable and feel sorry for yourself!

      Delete
  3. Ohthey're akk new to me. Happy reading and rest well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Rest is not going to happen though-we have a blocked sink and the kitchen looks like the result of an experiment gone wrong so that might be today's task...ugh!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Three movies and six books? Jackson really did milk The Hobbit for all it's worth, didn't he? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly expensive for the fan, that's for sure! But this series of WETA workshop books are gorgeous so I won't complain too much...

      Delete
  5. You got so many books this week. I hope that your cough gets better. I think you really need to go to a doctor and maybe the doctor will prescribe you medicine.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No real point in going to the doctor as they can't give you anything for just a head cold. @go to bed, drink plenty fluids and take paracetamol' is what we get told! It could be worse-at least it isn't a sinus infection. They are so much worse!

      Delete
  6. Good week for The Hobbit LOL. :) Enjoy all of your new picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a spare shelf to put them on so I keep tripping over them! And they have really sharp corners on them!

      Delete
  7. I think I own Tape somewhere on my Kindle. Another great week. Hope you and your Dad feel better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just feeling a bit sorry for ourselves at the moment and enjoying a good moan. But darn it, I need some decent sleep!!! It thankfully hasn't affected the reading I'm glad to say!

      Delete
  8. I hear bone soup is a good thing to have with getting rid colds. Nice haul. Have you picked up David Towsey's Your Brother's Blood? I hear it is a good zombie one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm on the soups! I'd hoped to make a few home made batches but with the sink blocked we can't get the dishes done and the kitchen is a mess so tinned soup is the order of the day! Ooh, I haven't heard of this zombie book *Rushes off to check it out*

      Delete
  9. Get well soon and I hope you enjoy all you new books! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! I really want to read The Beginning of Everything, I've heard good things about it. Sorry you're sick. I've still got horrible allergies because it's been so unseasonably warm here, so I sort if feel your pain. Enjoy your new books! See you around!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it that you only seem to cough at night when you need to get some sleep? Stupid virals! Hope you feel better soon as well!

      Delete
  11. Urgh, being sick is so annoying! :( I can't remember if Boots sells Vic's Vapor Rub, but definitely get some if they do!

    Interested to hear what you think of The Age of Miracles. The idea was unique, as was the book deal (it was a million USD, I think?) but not sure the actual execution worked.

    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the day I sneeze a bit and mostly feel ok but sitting up coughing all night is driving me nuts! I've tried everything the chemist has to offer. The new Day Nurse Night Nurse capsules have helped a bit-just wish they'd work faster! The sleepless nights are making me very grumpy!

      Delete
  12. Being sick sucks, these coughs linger as well, feel better soon and stay away from buying more books!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *ahem* too late! Well it's not MY fault that a gorgeous fully illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone has come out and just HAD to be bought!

      Delete