Saturday, 5 December 2015

Stacking the Shelves #112


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts. So if you use DISQUS, I can't visit you! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
         
Since I got back from my holiday I have been pretty tired and fed up to be back to the daily grind! However as those who visited my Black Friday post noticed, I cheered myself up a bit with some great Amazon bargains! I have since then had a few bargains on Cyber Monday sales week which I might do another post about! I LOVE these sales! The downloads are from before my holiday along with other books from previous sales.  My Black Friday/Cyber Monday haul will need to wait for another time!

DOWNLOADS:



I've already read a couple of books in the Horror Within anthology but figured I'd take a look at the others that I haven't read!

BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4195422-just-julie 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1329268.All_My_Burning_Bridges
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2347625.Love_Curiosity_Freckles_And_Doubt


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1309880.Secrets_Of_The_Street
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7780687-it-s-not-a-rehearsal
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9933275-street-life



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10029038-50-years-on-the-street
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21238616-johnny-briggs
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9686509-jack-duckworth-and-me



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20863297-unbroken


20 comments:

  1. I personally didn't like Red Hill, although I really wanted to. However, Valkarie Rising was really good. I just wish it had a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen mixed reviews about it which is why it took me so long to grab it. I'm in two minds about Valkyrie Rising in case it gets too YA romancey!

      Delete
  2. A Love Most Dangerous sounds really good. I LOVE historical fiction. :D

    Happy Reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never resist a nice Tudor bargain!

      Delete
  3. I keep meaning to read "The Diabolical Miss Hyde" but I haven't found the time yet. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah too many books, too little time!

      Delete
  4. That's a very nice and varied haul this week, Chuckles! I'm glad you've been able to cheer yourself up with some bargain books!
    I have The Diabolical Miss Hyde on one of my devices somewhere, I need to read it!
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always find some excuse to need to buy some more books! Still, that's all I spend my money on so I forgive myself...!

      Delete
  5. Hmm, I'm intrigued by that Horror Within anthology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I end up grabbing a lot of these 99p anthologies to try new horror writers. I picked up a few called This is the end, which I've still to try.

      Delete
  6. I loved The Diabolical Miss Hyde. I didn't like Red Hill very much, but maybe you will like. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hearing a lot of negatives about Red Hill so I think I might make it priority to read so I can move on quickly if I don't like it. I'm worried about Miss Hyde because steampunk isn't my favourite genre so I hope it is more towards historical!

      Delete
  7. This looks like a great haul! Some pretty covers, too. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit of a mixed bag this lot! I picked these up the week before my holiday and was in a panic that they would arrive after I left but it worked out ok!

      Delete
  8. Another great week of books huh? Can't wait to see what you think of The Diabolical Miss Hyde. I have been thinking about getting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided it was time to either hunt down the books on my wishlist or delete them which is why the genres are a bit mixed! Of course, that was a great excuse to just get more books...!

      Delete
  9. Soooo, curious about Red Hill. Have a good reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far and I like the characters. I hope it keeps the standard up.

      Delete
  10. That is a lot of Corrie related books!!! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I've read so far have been good. Haven't read any of this lot yet though! I have a couple of review books to get to.

      Delete