Thursday, 10 December 2015

Chuckles on Tour: Lake District Day Five


So, most of you who follow my blog know about my winter trip to The Lake District in England, UK last week and I'm finally ready to show you the places we visited. I took so many photos that I've had to split it into six parts to cover each day, so please bear with me! It was freezing cold the first few days especially down by the lakes themselves with the chill wind but the trip was mostly dry so I'm very happy!

***I have been shocked and horrified to see all the lovely places we visited a few weeks ago under water or in the case of beautiful Pooley Bridge, destroyed due to Storm Desmond. It has been upsetting to watch the TV footage and know that the people there are suffering so badly. I have decided to continue with my holiday posts to show you how beautiful this part of the UK is and to encourage people to help either by donation, sympathy or booking a future holiday there yourself.  Areas of beauty and history need protecting from disasters like this. My thoughts are with everyone in Cumbria and Lancashire*** 

DAY FIVE: DERWENT WATER

It was back to the Lakes today, taking a trip past Windermere, Ambleside, Grassmere, Thirlmere, Keswick, Ashness Bridge, Derwent Water, Bassenthwaite and Cockermouth. A long trip but the weather was good again and it was quite mild now that the cold snap is gone. 

This was our first proper stop at the beautiful Thirlmere. 

<




We went through Keswick which was quite pretty, but didn't stop as we were in search of the steep hill leading to the lookout point. We found the turn off easily and found the stunning Ashness Bridge, one of the most popular bridges for photographers in the Lake District. The hill is steep and it's difficult to stop at but well worth it.




We continued up the hill to a car park for lunch and enjoyed the wonderful view of Derwent Water from Surprise View. Quincy and Otis weren't keen to get close to the edge!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment