Saturday, 31 January 2015

Stacking the Shelves #69


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

Another good reading week for me! It has been a great month, completing 26 books and I hope to finish at least one more tonight. So my winter readathon so far has been a great success and I'm a good booky place right about now. It is sooo cold today and of course my computer sits in the one corner of the room where I have no heat from the fire reaching me. It could be a long day because I have a ton of book reviews that I've been promising to catch up on. Book reviews take me ages to do because I'm so fussy about what I want to say! But I've been putting it off for far too long so I need to catch up a bit today.
 
On the book buying front, I picked up a few downloads but I haven't really been looking for new buys this week. I'm still trying to show restraint though and not buy too much. That's tough when I have 3 Amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket! I managed to hit my target of reducing my tbr to 600 by the end of this month, so my next target is to get down to 550 by the end of February. It's quite exciting to watch the tbr dropping steadily! I'm back to feeling in control and enjoying my reading more!
 
So, to this weeks books. I picked up a couple of books in series I've already started, books by Sierra Dean, Annie Bellet and Kelly Meding. I did crack and pick up a few more books in the Monster Haven series. I had to buy the ebooks as they are not available in paperback in the UK. If you like paranormal romance and light urban fantasy, then give this series a go as it is really funny and full of action and magical creatures like Maurice the Closet Monster who is a super chef... You can check out my review of books in the series on this blog in January's posts starting with book one, Monster in my Closet.  
 
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 

36 comments:

  1. I was mixed by the first Medding book and yay for more Secret! I also heard great things about the Naquin books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more ebook sales the series gets, the better chance of them coming out in paperback for me to grab so I'm telling everyone I can about Monster Haven!

      Delete
  2. I'm very impressed with all of your reading this month! :-) Well done! I hope you enjoy your new additions and thanks as ever, for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking advance of my reading now in case there is a reading slump hiding round the corner!

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul, Chuckles! I am very curious about both Murder of Crows and Requiem for the Dead.
    I hope you'll enjoy all of these. Have a great weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read book one in both of these series and liked them so I figured I'd pick up some more!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Click on the link under each book to go to the Goodreads page for full details and reviews of each book.

      Delete
  5. As per usual, these titles are all new to me, but I sure hope you'll enjoy them! It sounds like you're having a great bookish winter.

    Thanks for stopping by my StS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a few of these titles. They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm discovering that quality is better than quantity in my books! It's only taken about ten years to learn...!

      Delete
  7. Nice haul, I hope you enjoy them all. WOW! Congrats on shrinking your TBR!!! MINE JUST KEEPS GROWING!!! I know that's mostly my fault, but I can't stop myself. I need to try and get control of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame the authors. If they'd stop writing such great sounding books, we wouldn't have overflowing tbrs!

      Delete
  8. Great haul! I haven't heard of any of these but I hope you enjoy them.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading these bad boys!

      Delete
  9. Never saw Transmonstrified before . It looks interesting and I may have to snag a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best bet is to read at least a few books in the series first so you know who the characters are before reading the anthology. First book is Monster in my closet.

      Delete
  10. Nice haul - Murder of Crows looks interesting.

    Here's how I Stacked the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read and liked the first in the series though I hate this new trend of releasing short novellas at the price of full books, instead of giving us a decent sized story. I picked up this one free to see if the story stays good but I doubt I'll buy the series unless it gets released in a cheap box set or something.

      Delete
  11. It's so hard to take control of TBR's! If you can pass on some wisdom and willpower to me, it would be appreciated!! I give in so easily, and I end up adding another book (...or twenty) before I know it.

    All your books are completely new to me! I really like the Murder of Crows cover! Hope you love them all, and have a great weekend :)

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About a week ago I wrote a blog post called How to tackle Mount TBR and it gives tips on how to reduce the bookpile. In four months I went from approx 950 down to 600 books. If this link doesn't work, select January from the drop down menu on the right side of the blog and click on the post.

      Good luck!
      http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/how-to-tackle-mount-tbr-survivors-story.html

      Delete
  12. You know, I keep passing on titles you mention to my sister. I should just make her follow your blog... (Not that I can even get her to follow mine, despite the fact that 90% of the books she gets are via recommendations from me.)

    Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better not let your sister near my Goodreads page as there are a TON of books-mind you I still need to review a lot of the sods. I'm bad at getting reviews done quickly!

      Delete
  13. Ooooh. Some great books. I enjoyed Kelly Meding's series and need to get back to it. Hope you enjoy it and all that you got! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I read book one and gave it 5 stars but haven't got to reading the rest yet. Hope they keep the same standard!

      Delete
  14. Some really good looking UFs this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I looove the titles for the Monster Haven series, and have seen some pretty great reviews for them too. I may need to check them out one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be in love with Maurice the Closet Monster! He cooks, he cleans, he can scare people, he does security and he is a loyal friend. The Perfect Man!

      Delete
  16. 26 books read - that is very impressive! I'm such a slow reader that even if I did nothing but read, (with a bit of sleep thrown in), I know I still couldn't do that. Congrats also on whittling down your TBR. I need to do that at some point. But I worry that I will get rid of a book that maybe I would one day read and love, even though by now, it would take me years to get through my TBR, even if I didn't continue to add more every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many books out there that as soon as I delete or trade something, I forget about it and look forward to finding new book adventures! I knew I had to tackle the tbr now or I'd never get it under control and now I'm left with only books I really really want to read, which helps me read faster. With tbrs, the longer you leave it unchecked, the worse it gets!

      Delete
  17. Awesome books you have here! :) And some of them I added on my tbr too. Happy reading and hope you'll enjoy them all.

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2015/02/stacking-shelves-25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like a good book haul to put a smile on the face!

      Delete
  18. Oh, all of those look really awesome! I hope you enjoy everything :)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I'm being more selective about what I buy or download, I'm more excited by everything I have on my shelves!

      Delete