Monday, 19 January 2015

Reading with Chuckles #21


Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I am now on to my winter readathon. This means I'm turning my attention to series that I've started and liked but never got round to finishing. So I hope to get through a LOT of books and catch up with a few favourites! 

This week I started reading a new series called Monster Haven by RL Naquin. I liked the first book which features a empathic wedding planner, her closet monster houseguest who is a total Masterchef, a needy ex husband, reaper love interest, Skunk Ape bodyguard, brownies and fairies in the garden, a hag neighbour and a dangerous incubus serial killer. Good action and humour and though it isn't my usual cup of tea, I did like this enough to continue with book 2. I also continued with my Jaz Parks series, finishing book 6 which I loved and 7 which was a bit up and down.



2 comments:

  1. lol. Love the sounds of Monster in my Closet. I do want that one, but will have to wait with all I have here. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it-Maurice is so sweet! I've read the next book and a short story which I'm reviewing today. It's worth a read for sure.

      Delete