Monday, 12 January 2015

Reading with Chuckles #20





Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I am now on to my winter readathon. This means I'm turning my attention to series that I've started and liked but never got round to finishing. So I hope to get through a LOT of books and catch up with a few favourites! 

This week I finished Alyxandra Harvey's Drake Chronicles. The first half of Blood Prophecy was slow but the rest of the book was back to the great writing of the first four books. So the series came to a pretty satisfying end which I'm pleased about. I also read a short story from the series called Sound and Fury which doesn't have it's own cover as it was published in Blood Prophecy. Another short story called Lost Girls was also a nice addition to the Drakefest and it was published in the book Bleeding Hearts. Captured wasn't quite as good as I was hoping for due to little paranormal content. The first two thirds was more like a crime novel with constant interviewing of suspects. I will give the first book in the series a try but if it follows the same pattern I won't be continuing with the series.


2 comments:

  1. Bummer to hear about Captured. I was hoping it would be full of goodness. Thanks.

    Hope you have a nice week and enjoy what you read this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captured was still a decent read and I liked the characters and the last part of the story was good. I still plan to read book one which I bought last year.

      Delete