Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Book Review: The Teratologist by Edward Lee/Wrath James White

Billionaire John Farrington is obsessed with the idea of offending God to the point that God would want to confront him in person. Farrington has abducted priests and nuns to commit sexual atrocities with the most grievously genetically deformed people he can find. People that he's also abducted and kept in such a high state of sexual intensity, with a drug his company produces, that they are just ravenous for physical contact. The abductees, with basically no self control, commit some of the most depraved sex acts, over, and over again. Westmore and Bryant, a photographer and journalist, are given the rare opportunity to interview the reclusive Farrington and see inside his mansion and operation. Only to find the horrors within, and who have become pawns in the mysteries they find behind every door. Farmington's plan may work, and to make sure he's successful, he will do whatever it takes to have the deity of man face him.

My Review:
I have read books by both authors and they delight in providing tales full of horror, gore, depravity and sex. I knew that going to read this book and most of that stuff doesn't really bother me for the most part. However I admit that this book was twisted on a whole new and unexpected level and not in a good way at all.

Abducting people that God favours like nuns and priests, spiritual leaders and people of good standing in the community, force feeding them with drugs to make them want to rape and violate is bad enough for some readers. To have their victims fed the same drugs, victims who are the most seriously mentally and physically handicapped you can imagine is a whole other matter. Strange as it may sound this was not the worst the book had to offer, not by a long shot. If your idea of fun reading is reading about people doing nasty toilet functions in other people's mouths, then read on and enjoy. Me, this is where I draw a big fat line and say no, as I resist the urge to gag and vomit. I felt sick and started gagging when I read it and just thinking about it as I write this now gives me the same feeling. I don't find that type of thing entertaining, amusing or anything except stomach wrenching, especially with a disabled victim.

There was nothing in this book that I liked. The subject matter and the writing were gross and twisted and I will be more selective about anything by the authors that I choose to read.
star rating photo: 1 star orange-1star.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I generally like their stuff, and the concept of offending God to force a confrontation is interesting, but my queasiness factor draws the line at nasty toilet functions too.

    ReplyDelete