Saturday, 3 January 2015

Another Year and a New Start


I have finally seen the back of 2014 and I'm glad because it was the worst year of my life so far. Watching someone you love battle cancer is one of the worst things ever and we lost my mum to it after a seven month ordeal in June. Having to then deal with all the practical and financial things over the following months sent my stress levels soaring. It took until November to sort things out and my dad and I are just tired, stressed and trying to get on with things. Christmas, normally our favourite time of the year, was cancelled this year. I doubt we will do anything for Christmas again. Does it get better? I certainly hope so.

So it is 2015 now and I have to concentrate on getting fully back into my normal routine. I have a massive tbr of 650 books that need to be tackled. Most of these are real books sitting on bookshelves in my bedroom. About 130 are on the ereaders. I need to catch up on a lot of series that I started and didn't get round to finishing. Through the end of the year I finished Kelley Armstrongs's 'Women of the Otherworld' which went out with a whimper not a bang and Charlaine Harris 'Sookie Stackhouse' series which came to a satisfying end. I am currently finishing Alyxandra Harvey's 'Drake Chronicles'-I'm on the last book now. I still have to finish a lot of series ie:

Benedict Jacka-Alex Verus
Rachel Caine-Morganville Vampires
Patricia Briggs-Mercy Thompson
Jennifer Rardin-Jaz Parks
Kevin Hearne-Iron Druid
Jennifer Estep-Elemental Assassin
Carrie Vaughn-Kitty Norville
David Estes-The Dwellers

Lots of reading ahead! I also need to catch up on all the TV series that I haven't even started to watch yet like Game of Thrones, Grimm, Lost Girl, Scandal, Homeland, Haven, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13,  Arrow, The Flash, House of Cards US, Teen Wolf, Dollhouse, Strike Back, Vikings, The Strain, Agents of SHIELD, Bitten, Defiance, The Following, The Blacklist, Hannibal, The Leftovers, Once upon a time, Legends, The 100, Penny Dreadful, Resurrection etc. 

I also need to catch up with series I have started watching like The Walking Dead, Nikita, 24, NCIS, NCIS LA, Lost, and lots more. Busy year ahead!

On the blog, I will be uploading more film and book reviews, a few chuckles rants about things in the news, updates on what I'm reading and watching and perhaps a few polls and tens lists to amuse and entertain. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with my blog during these times when I've had limited posting. I hope to avoid that this year, health issues permitting.

Good health to all of you and may your book shelves never be empty!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment