Sunday, 7 December 2014

What's on Chuckle TV #13



Welcome to Chuckle TV! 
Every week I will be talking about what I have been watching in the world of TV, be it sport, documentaries, TV series, films, soaps or interesting news items. I'll be talking about favourites from the past and all the great sounding stuff that I haven't watched yet. Believe me, there are a lot of popular series that I haven't had the chance to see! Let the Count and I be your guide in the world of entertainment! Comments are welcome on what I'm currently watching but no spoilers please or your comments will not be published!

So this week I was watching a few more of the dvds that I bought in from the sales, remembering how much I liked them and regretting that I don't have more time to watch them! That is the grand plan for 2015. Get as much reading as I can done over the winter to reduce the tbr down to a more manageable level, only buy or downloads books I REALLY want to read instead of just grabbing piles of freebies, fit in 2-4 hours of reading every day to catch up, and when I read the first book in a series, make sure I complete it while it's fresh in my mind! By next winter I hope to have made a huge dent in my books so I can start re-reading old favourites when I feel like it and catch up on films and tv that I'm way behind on! 

This was one of the best heist films that I've watched because of the mix of characters in it. Andy Garcia was the perfect slimy bad guy, the two brothers who can't stop fighting were very funny, the gymnast who doesn't speak English...the team were the perfect mix. The actual plan for the heist was really good and it was fun to watch it all unfold. The only thing that bugged me was bringing in the inevitable love story which was annoying. In Ocean's Twelve, the love story in that film totally ruined the plot which is why I never bought it. 

I LOVED this film when I first saw it and it was beautifully directed with the tension of the storm and the wonderful character development. You really did care about the guys and it was heartbreaking to know that they all died out there before even watching the film. I was blubbering like a baby at the funeral scene. Excellent acting from the entire cast especially George Clooney. I'd like to add a special mention to John C Reilly, one of the most underated actors around.

I remember the first time I watched this film, being mad that the newspapers ruined the plot by giving away the early twist in the plot. The film was one of the best hostage dramas that I've seen. Kurt Russell was excellent as always and the entire cast were just perfect in the roles including the brilliant Oliver Platt, also vastly underated. The plot was exciting, the tension constantly building and you never quite knew what was going to happen next. Great film.

No comments:

Post a Comment