Saturday, 27 December 2014

Stacking the Shelves #64


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

Today I'm putting up the rest of the books that I got in my wishlist book splurge from before last Saturday. I was pretty excited to find so many so this week I'll be browsing to see if I can grab any more, time allowing! My blog has been pretty neglected over the last couple of weeks and I'll be revamping what I'm doing for 2015 and trying not to be so chaotic!
 
The Ashfall Trilogy has been on my wishlist for ages so I was pleased to pick that one up. I hope it is better than the last few apocalypse books that I've read recently.  I liked Amy Plum's 'Die for me' but it was too teen romancey for me to read the whole series but I hope I might like this one better. We'll give it a try anyway! The Wicked we have done sounded a bit different though the love element in it has me doubtful about liking it. AS for the Alex Cross series, the last one I read was Violets are Blue so I have a long way to go to catch up with this series now! I have most in paperback but just grabbed the last few on Kindle to make life a bit easier. I've managed to pick up a huge pile of Bentley Little books very cheap which is great and I look forward to trying his stuff soon.   

FREE/BARGAIN DOWNLOADS:











18 comments:

  1. The Wicked We Have Done looks so good! I hope that you enjoy your many new books! :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief to get back into my reading-I was distracted by old re-runs of Masterchef Australia and the darts! Hopefully, I'll get to some of these books soon...

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I LOVED The Wicked We Have Done :) I've heard a lot of great things about the Ashfall books although I have yet to read them.

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope the romance stuff doesn't ruin the plot like most YA books I've read recently!

      Delete
  3. I have heard about many of them but I haven't read any I confess so I hope you'll enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them have been lurking on my wishlist for a couple of years and I figured it was time to get them or time to delete them!

      Delete
  4. The Wicked We Have Done looks very sexy. Heard good things about the Mike Mullen books. Awesome haul of books indeed.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I need a few quiet purchase weeks so I can get them all read!

      Delete
  5. Nice haul, especially with the Bentley Little stuff - he's one of my favorites for old-school blood-and-guts horror.

    Here's how I Stacked the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my blood and gore! I like the sound of the plots and they have those great old style horror covers to entice me. I look forward to getting started on his books.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Ooh I hope I do! I'm finishing my Drake Chronicles at the moment which I'm still enjoying and then I need to decide what to read next. Too many great choices!!!

      Delete
  7. Nice haul! I loved After the end! Hope you do too.

    You can check out my haul here:http://www.sapphireddragon.com/2014/12/stacking-shelves-christmas-edition.html

    Have a great week and happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited at my recent hauls-now I just need time to read them...

      Delete
  8. You got a lot of great books. I really enjoyed The Wicked We Have Done. It was a very interesting YA book.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I like it when I get the chance to read it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I've been meaning to read Ashfall forever! I liked After The End too! Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashfall was on my wishlist a good few years...I hope it was worth the wait!!!

      Delete