Saturday, 20 December 2014

Stacking the Shelves #63


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

I managed to download a big pile of wishlist bargains which I'm going to spilt up into a couple of STS posts-otherwise I could be here for a while uploading the stuff, which is not ideal when your computer is playing funny buggers! The good news is that I won't have to venture out to do any shopping until after Christmas so I can avoid the stress and the crowds. Lovely! I really despise being subjected to the same damn Christmas music in every single shop! I swear if I hear 'Mistletoe and Wine' once more, I might hurt somebody...

So while I do my Scrooge thing, I am reading and catching up with a few TV shows, although that is going on hold so I can watch the World Championship darts on TV! Plus I get to watch in agony on Twitter as my beloved football team try to win a game for a change and get away from the relegation zone! 
 
The book side of things is looking pretty groovy here. I've wanted to read Realm Walker for ages so I was pleased to get my hands on books one and two this week which I hope to read soon! I was intrigued by the sound of this Kelley Armstrong series so we'll see how I go with book one. I've heard very mixed opinions on Phoenix Island so I'm a bit doubtful that I'm going to like it but it has been on my wishlist for ages so I'll try it anyway. The Deanna Chase series I'm not sure about either as it might be too much like the cozy mystery or Queen Betsy books. I'm really in two minds about this. I did pick up four books in the series though. I like the sound of Rhiannon Frater's work though I haven't actually read anything of hers yet so this seemed a good opportunity to grab a few! I haven't read my Hilary Mantel tudor novels yet but I picked this one to read the short stories to ease me into her writing coz those other books are chunky!!!
 
Those of you who celebrate Christmas out there, have a good one!

FREE/BARGAIN DOWNLOADS:


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Nice haul! Blackout was fantastic, one of Tim's best.

    Here's how I Stacked the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked the look of his books but just never got round to reading one! It looks quite short so hopefully I'll get to it quickly.

      Delete
  2. Sea of Shadows! I have a copy of that around here somewhere. I've not read it yet, but, you know, one of these days... I hope you enjoy it and the others!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* 'One of these days' is one of my favourite phrases when it comes to books! 2015 has to be the year of 'get it done dammit!'

      Delete
  3. Wow! You got lots of books!! I hope you enjoy them all :) Check out My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have shown restraint over the past six weeks but that went out the window this week!

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul as usual! :-) Don't worry I'm very Scrooge like at the moment over Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I left the rest of the haul until next week-there were more than I thought!!! Now I'm just waiting for Amazon's sales to see what I can get...

      Delete
  5. Oh I want to read them all! They look so great and perfect for me as well. I hope you'll have a good time with them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a good range in the mega haul this week so I'm pleased. I've got a good STS planned for next week too!

      Delete
  6. WOW. A lot of great books this week. I like the Rhiannon Frater's covers. They are stunning. Awesome stack. Thanks for visiting mine earlier.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've has a paperback of hers sitting on my shelf for a while so I couldn't resist grabbing this lot as a treat to myself! Now I just hope I like them! I do agree that her covers are gorgeous.

      Delete
  7. I've been wanting to read Sea of Shadows! Enjoy! Happy Reading & Happy Holidays!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when I'll get round to reading it but it does sound interesting!

      Delete
  8. Awesome haul. Kelly Armstrong's novels are pretty good, I loved The Summoning.I hope you enjoy your books.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the Otherworld books for the most part but I didn't really like the YA series I tried. I hope I like this one though...

      Delete
  9. Phoenix Island was interesting, definitely out of my norm but good!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally a fan of delinquents being book heroes simply because my family had five years of misery being targeted by teenage thugs so I'm not sure how I'll get on with this one!

      Delete
  10. I do like Kelley Armstrong, but I know what you mean about the YA series. Here's hoping you enjoy it -- I think I've got it too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've let my reading slide a bit this week so I need to get back into it again!

      Delete