Saturday, 6 December 2014

Stacking the Shelves #61


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

This has been another week where I've hardly been online to post on my blog. Things around the house have had to be done so I'm giving that priority. I'm hoping I'll have time to upload some book reviews today and get back on the horse this week, so to speak. The books listed today are ones that I ordered before and during the Black Friday sales and have arrived during the week. Over the next few weeks I won't be ordering from Amazon so my STS should just be any online bargains that I find on my travels. I'm saving myself for the Boxing Day and New Year sales now!

BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 


 
 

18 comments:

  1. Nice new selection! You have a very varied taste, eh? The Walking Dead should probably make its way to my TBR, because I have so many friends wanting me to watch the TV show, maybe a compromise could be made if I read the book instead :)
    Have a fantastic weekend!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my monsters, fiction and non fiction! The 4 walking dead novels relate to a character who appears around season 3 of the series. I'd recommend watching the series first before reading the novels.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I hadn't actually heard of Waris Dirie before; now I'm intrigued by that book (or maybe her earlier ones). I like your Bigfoot theme! Hope you enjoy the new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked her first two books when I read them a few years back so when I realised I hadn't read this one I had to grab it!

      Delete
  3. I tried to stay away from Amazon on Black Friday! I don't need any temptation! :-) I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a few days off reading so I can watch a few of the pile of cheap dvds from the sales last week! Hopefully I can fit in a book over the weekend as well...

      Delete
  4. Oh they're all new to me but I hope you'll enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I'm pleased with the variety of books I've got over the last month. A book for every mood!

      Delete
  5. Very interesting and good looking books! Happy reading! :)

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2014/12/stacking-shelves-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my Stacking the Shelves - I'm liking the bigfoot theme this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a good monster hunt! There are so many great sounding books about Bigfoot out there...

      Delete
  7. Great stack of books this week. I do like the Walking Dead novels as they do give more background on certain characters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do have to catch up with the series. I haven't seen the end of season 2 yet!

      Delete
  8. Awesome haul! I love the Walking Dead and I've been meaning to start reading the books! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopianv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to catch up on the series first and then read the books I think! But with a huge tbr to deal with, reading has to come first!

      Delete
  9. The Walking Dead -- that looks awesome. I may just have to grab those. Great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many fictional zombies!

      Delete