Monday, 22 December 2014

Reading with Chuckles #18



Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I am now on to my winter readathon. This means I'm turning my attention to series that I've started and liked but never got round to finishing. So I hope to get through a LOT of books and catch up with a few favourites! 

This was a quiet week because I was pretty tired. I did try a few Edward Lee books but the only one I actually liked was Messenger. The others were full of bad characters that bugged me too much or were slow getting into the story. I didn't really get far with any of them. In the Tall Grass was good to start with but went all weird towards the end, which I've come to expect from Stephen King. It's pretty frustrating. The Hilary Mantel short stories were very poor.






No comments:

Post a Comment