Monday, 8 December 2014

Reading with Chuckles #16


Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I am now on to my winter readathon. This means I'm turning my attention to series that I've started and liked but never got round to finishing. So I hope to get through a LOT of books and catch up with a few favourites! 

This week I have re-read Rachel Vincent's 'My soul to take' to see if I wanted to continue with the series. While I still enjoyed it, I didn't really take to the second book and decided not to read on. I moved over to read the Jaz Parks books by Jennifer Rardin. I loved books one and two but book three 'Biting the Bullet' was all angst and went away from the formula that made the first books so enjoyable. Gone was the close relationship between Jaz and Vayl, Cole was acting like a total asshat, and the group dynamic was ruined by the less than exciting Dave as well as Cole's moronic behaviour. I hope book four improves as there are eight in the series! 'Hunter Born' was a vampire based short story that got me interested in going on to read book one 'Welcome to the Darkness'. The two short story anthologies I found were just so I could read the Sookie Stackhouse stories in them which were book good especially Sookie and Pam on a work vacation to a strip club. Funny!



3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm back! lol. Well, part time at the blog anyway. Some great series here, and a few I need to get to. Hope you are having a great holiday season and enjoying your readathon. :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we're not having a Christmas celebration this year, it'll just be reading and watching TV until the new year has passed. Chance to get a ton of tbrs dealt with...

      Delete
    2. Well, enjoy your reads. :) It would be nice to just relax.

      Delete