Sunday, 26 October 2014

What's on Chuckle TV #8


Welcome to Chuckle TV! 
Every week I will be talking about what I have been watching in the world of TV, be it sport, documentaries, TV series, films, soaps or interesting news items. I'll be talking about favourites from the past and all the great sounding stuff that I haven't watched yet. Believe me, there are a lot of popular series that I haven't had the chance to see! Let the Count and I be your guide in the world of entertainment! Comments are welcome on what I'm currently watching but no spoilers please or your comments will not be published!

It's been a while since I've been here but these are the latest things that I've been doing in the world of TV and film!

LOVE this show! I've been watching re-runs on a few channels including History and ITV4 and the four guys are like a comedy act. Chumlee is brilliant! The Old Man's putdowns are hilarious. I like them all. And it is also interesting to see the value of different items. A good, fun, educational show.


This show may not have the humour of Pawn Stars but boy does it make up for it with psycho customers! The Pawn shop is in Detroit and every episode features irate and barmy customers being forced out the door by security! They shout, they swear, they dance, they try to climb over the counter...great entertainment! There is also the fun of sibling rivalry and three strong personalities with their own ideas clashing over how best to run the shop.


Last week, I watched Pacific Rim and I was surprised that it was better than I expected. Good plot, lots of action scenes, good monster concept, great special effects and surprisingly good acting from Charlie Hunnam. I last saw him as a whiny teenager in the UK's Queer as Folk but he makes a pretty good action hero here. Pretty good film.



Considering that this was an offering from JJ Abrams and Steven Spielberg, I was hugely disappointed by this film. I felt it was The Goonies without the humour and great characters and ET without the charm of the creature who is wanting to go home. The attempts at humour fell flat and it was more about a teenage boy's crush on a girl and the loss of his mother affecting how he communicates with his dad. Disappointing to say the least.


This film had its good bits-the plot of getting children to take over military planning, a host of great actors like Ben Kingsley and Harrison Ford, good performance from Asa Butterfield. But it was too samey throughout. Boy bullied at academy but wins. Boy bullied at training camp but wins etc. I guessed the twist at the end but then the film just fizzled out into a nothing ending. Could have done so much more with it.

Weird, confusing, timeline jumping about all over the place, obnoxious characters, endless dialogue about nothing of interest, foul mouthed guy who can't say a sentence without ten f's and c's.

Crap waste of my time.

4 comments:

  1. I watched Pacific Rim with my husband a while ago and I was surprised that I actually really enjoyed it too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my dad is going to like it too-he loves action films like this.

      Delete
  2. I like Pawn Stars, but not Hardcore Pawn - they're just annoying. I've been watching the Walking Dead, SoA, American Horror story, and The Vampire Diaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the brother and sister yell at each other it can get a bit wearing but I do love the mad customers!

      Delete