Saturday, 25 October 2014

Stacking the Shelves #55


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

This week I cleared out my wishlist of things I'm no longer interested in reading. It amazed me to see what I've put on there in the last two years! Some of it I didn't remember and others I was thinking 'why did I add THAT?' So that's another job done. It took all week to do it but I cleared off 200 books. I also finally got in some good quality reading and this week I read 8 books! Yes, 8 finished books! I was tackling the Pretty Little Liars series which has been on a shelf upstairs for ages. I liked the first 8 but from 9 onwards I just lost interest. I didn't like the changes to the characters or the new secret the girls were protecting so I stopped at 9 or 10 and abandoned the series. Plus I abandoned about 10 other books as well so this was a great week for tackling tbrs taking up space. Hopefully I can get most of them traded or donated to charity shops or passed to someone else on bookcrossing.  

This week on the STS front, I was hunting down gory and scary books for Halloween! I found a pile of horror books which I'm happy with. These are not for readers with queasy stomachs, that's for sure! I'm so glad that most of my books this week will be on the computer and not on my physical bookshelves! 

FREE/BARGAIN DOWNLOADS:








 





BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:


 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. oh many books this week and I confess that they're all new to me. Happy reading and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a great horror-fest when I get to read them!

      Delete
  2. Lots of new additions this week! I hope you enjoy them all!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to these books! Some are quite short and I can read a few of them in one night. Mind you, storing them on the computer out of sight is good as it doesn't look like a huge pile if I can't see them on my bookshelves in the house!

      Delete
  3. Interesting selection. I see someone is on a zombie/horror binge this week. They do look very good indeed.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I figured Halloween was a good enough excuse to get in some horror books!

      Delete
  4. Holy moly, so much for you getting rid of books from your TBR, right? Thanks for stopping by The Cover Contessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hangs head in shame* Yes I was supposed to be getting more books read not getting more in! Somehow it doesn't REALLY count when it is ebooks you can't see...*clutches at straws*

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these but happy reading. Thanks for stopping by!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should enjoy some of them at least! I do like a good, gory horror!

      Delete
  6. I need to catch up with Kate Griffin's books. I loved her work as Catherine Webb, when she was only fourteen! Hope you enjoy all the new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got book two free last week so I figured I better look for book one. It was on my wishlist for ages so its nice to have it now. Lets hope its as good as it sounds!

      Delete
  7. Woah, I'm freaked just by looking at those covers. *hides under bed* I really suck at reading horror. I LIKE it, but I just don't get around to it much. I like paranormal/supernatural/horror though. xD The regular ol' human psychopaths....not so much. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few scary ass covers during my horror reading, that's for sure. If you want a scare check out Spawn by Paige Reiring. *shudder*

      https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18441912-spawn

      Delete
  8. Umm these are definitely some scary reads! & Clickers vs. Zombies? Holy crap! Hope you enjoy all of these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get the rest of the Clickers series before I can read this one. It sounds like clickers might be spiders. Spiders v Zombies...*shudder*

      Delete
  9. Must feel good to organize the tbr pile. I can relate as I did a major purge recently. Now it's a matter of delivering my books to the local library book sale collectors. What a scary selection you have here. Got me curious about Clickers and Zombies - what the heck are clickers???

    here's my sts:
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2014/10/stacking-shelves-102514.html

    and if you like Jane Austen, please join me at the Pemberley Ball:
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2014/10/pemberley-ball-2014-next-month.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to get spells where I'm too tired to read and spells where I want to do nothing but read so I'm taking advantage of the good reading mood to tackle the tbr! I think clickers might be some kind of mutant spider but I'm not sure as I haven't read any of the books in that series yet. *shudder*

      Delete
  10. Oh wow! You picked up a lot of books. Hope you have a great Halloween, reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a while before I get to these newbies! I'm targeting those on my tbr from years ago first! (at last...)

      Delete