Saturday, 18 October 2014

Stacking the Shelves #54


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

This week I continued with my mission to hunt down free and bargain books on my wishlist-and to delete things on my wishlist that I no longer want to read. I'm also deleting some things from my ereader that I no longer want to read. It's funny how you add something to your Kobo or Kindle at the time that you think sounds good, then a few months later you change your mind! In my case I'm looking at reviews of the books on wishlist and tbr and deleting those that are too slow, feature love triangles/lots of sex/erotica, have the hero being bullied at school or are YA romance filled paranormal. I'm tired of reading these kinds of books and rating them 1 star so I'm just trying to avoid them now. I'll stick with horror, fast paced UF/dystopia and bloody horror!

***IMPORTANT***
I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to leave messages on the blog posts of a few friends through bloglovin but nothing is showing up. I'm getting pissed off because bloglovin will not let me delete messages, mark anything as read, it is showing old posts I've read, showing blogs with no new messages, won't let me view my own profile or posts, and even when I view a post it still shows as being unread. If it doesn't start working soon, I'll be giving up posting for the day.

FREE/BARGAIN DOWNLOADS:


25 comments:

  1. Bloglovin' is doing my head in today. It won't let me mark posts as read or unfollow anyone and it is insisting on displaying every blog I follow, even those who have not posted any new posts. Getting really pissed with it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh many Harris books! I read some and I've read the Huff series too. This last one is ok. It was good before all the vampires books but now I don't think I'll re read it one day. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first Tanya Huff book and liked it but never got round to reading the rest. I got the first five books in a charity shop and now I finally get book six! There are so many vampire books that it does make it harder to find the good ones!

      Delete
  3. The Tanya Huff book looks really good. I hope you love all your new books. The Charlaine Harris books look interesting.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I read book one but it's great to get book six to complete the set!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I get to read them soon!

      Delete
  5. I recently did the same with my Kindle. There was just too much on there that I wasn't going to get around to. I hope you enjoy your new books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the number of books you find on the ereader that you think 'why did I add THAT?' The clearout was long overdue!

      Delete
  6. I need to finish the Sookie books, then I'll go back for all the short stories. Like you I have the issues with Wordpress too. I hate that I can't always leave comments on those.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just got the last Sookie book to read to finish the series. I'm trying to read other books just now so I can trade or donate them and get the tbr down a bit. Yeah Wordpress can be a pain at times but I don't know what the heck is going wrong with bloglovin at the moment.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy all of your new books - I'm curious about 77 Days in September!


    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never resist a good apocalypse...

      Delete
  8. Books Books, I love books and I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS and if you're a TWITTER user don't forget to enter these giveaways: 13 books in a box & a Spooktacular Box of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I better avoid giveaways at the moment though as I need to free up some room by getting through a few tbrs!

      Delete
  9. Ugh, I hate it when Bloglovin' messes up. I hope you get yours sorted!! (Sometimes it takes a computer reboot and it's fine for me.) :)) But totally! I sometimes clear off my ereader and goodreads to-read shelves just because my tastes and interests change. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are other people online on forums complaining about the same issues with bloglovin so I guess it's not just me then. It's such a PAIN! As for the tbrs and wishlist, I'll be continuing with that today to cut things down a bit!

      Delete
  10. Looking at your books I feel how my TBR pile is growing. Not that I'm complaining but... when I'm gonna read them all I dunno. Happy reading! :)

    My STS:http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/10/stacking-shelves-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder when I'm going to get them all read as well!

      Delete
  11. Computers - I love/hate them and everything that goes with them. Seems like there is always a problem of one kind or another. I don't get upset any more. I just keep plugging away. I do the same thing with my TBR. Sometimes I wonder why I even picked up the book in the first place but there must have been something there that intrigued me. LOL Happy reading.
    Sherry's Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Sorry that I can't leave a message on your blog. Wordpress is asking me to sign in giving social media details and I never give that info out to third party companies. Sorry!

      Delete
  12. Yeah, I like to go through and clear out my wishlist and want-to-read list on GR sometimes. I've never deleted anything from my kindle though, especially if I already paid for it. Great haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok with the Kobo/Kindle books as I only download freebies from series or authors I'm trying for the first time. I spend no more than £1.50 on sequel books. If I don't have a strict budget, I'd have thousands of tbrs! So I'm only deleting freebies. If I've paid for it, I will read it, the same as you. I just wish I could read faster!!!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I hope to finish the series this summer, including the short stories!

      Delete