Saturday, 4 October 2014

Stacking the Shelves #52


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. Links will take you to a Goodreads page or Smashwords page where you can view the book plot. Don't say I'm not good to you!
 
Just a small haul this week but I am so excited by the three of them! Dead Trees was a wonderful 5 star apocalypse/horror read that was fast paced and full of attack incidents so I'm desperate to read Dead Trees 2 and the lovely postman brought it today!!! Plus there is this brand new series by David Estes which I love the covers for and look forward to reading. So if you haven't tried Eli Constant, please read Dead Trees. and for dystopian fans try The Moon Dwellers by David Estes. I gave both books 5 stars and you know how hard to please I am! The other excitement was getting a couple of Dog the Bounty Hunter T-shirts for me and my dad!

The worst of the upheaval at Castle Chuckles is over and the guys didn't leave much of a mess in the house. However the company that they ordered our new doors from made a mess of it and sent us a back door with a letterbox in it. I don't know what idiot did that but I'm not impressed so it could be a six week wait to get the new door sent and put in place. Lovely. Maybe we could use the letterbox as a feeding hatch for foxes and badgers! Idiots. So the house now has its replacement windows after nearly ten years of being half done, and we have the walk in shower which is so much easier to use. I'm pleased with the bathroom. I need to rearrange furniture and get a new bed frame in my room which will be the upheaval from hell with 7 bookcases to move and about 2000 books so I'm not looking forward to it. Plus we need to replace wallpaper in the kitchen and repaint the living room. If money allows I'd love to have it done by Christmas but we'll see.

BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by David Estes, yet, but I HAVE seen his new book release promos and I'm totally curious. ;)
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh The Moon Dwellers is one of my favourite dystopians! Great characters, fast paced plot-loved it! I've got the rest of the series to read and want to save them for this winter. I'll have to fit these two in as well...

      Delete
  2. All three of your books look very intriguing, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited I want to read them NOW!

      Delete
  3. Your three books are books that I have not heard of, but the covers are interesting.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sunflowers and David Estes books so when you combine the two, I just had to buy it!

      Delete
  4. They're new to me I confess but I hope you'll like them. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not often I get so excited by a small book haul...!

      Delete
  5. Dead Trees definitely catches my eye - nice!

    Thanks for checking out how I'm Stacking the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dead Trees was a great dystopian/horror-hope you get a chance to take a look at it. I've been waiting for Dead Trees 2 to become available in paperback so I'm happy to have it now!

      Delete
  6. I'm not familiar with any of these books, but I hope that you enjoy reading them all! :)
    Stacking the Shelves
    Dress Up That Cover: Maybe Someday

    ReplyDelete
  7. The books sound really interesting! *goes to look them up* Enjoy! And yay for the house being slowly sorted, though pfffttt at the letterbox in the back door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a bit of a mixed week, that's for sure! Looking at that stupid letterbox is driving me nuts!

      Delete
  8. Love that cover of Boil. Haven't heard of any of these, will have to go check them out!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give David Estes a try! I can certainly recommend his Moon Dwellers series. I'm looking forward to trying these new releases!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Don't they! Love that sunflower cover. They are my favourite flowers!

      Delete
  10. Haven't heard of these books but I hope you enjoy them!!!

    http://sofialovesreading.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete